So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
After staring at the kanji for koi too long I have realized the creator's original intent in that sentence was to indirectly say Tifa is a murderer. Notice how 'koi' contains the pictograms for 'red' and 'heart'. When would you see a red heart outside of the body? When it's ripped out.

Clearly, the creators are secretly telling the Japanese Tifa is a cold blooded murderer and that's why Cloud lives in the church: to purify his black, black soul.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Tifa does wear black. Which is written as 'village' and 'fire'.

So Tifa was the one who burnt down Nibelheim!

You almost got away with it, you sneaky bitch. Thank you, Japanese, for revealing the truth to us!

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Nojima: The setting that “falling from the roof of the Church” repeats Aerith’s encounter with Cloud was decided in the beginning.
I hate when people use 'setting' :monster: The word does mean settings (like on computers), but to me it just doesn't make sense for this usages (aspects or elements of characters and the story, etc.). 'Setting' in these cases sounds like the world-building, which it can include, but means more than that.

I know this is all only fans doing it in their free time, but I'd hope people would try to make things sound like English. But apparently fans don't want actual English that would make sense to non-geeks (if it even makes sense to them half the time) :monster:

But lulz at 'star-crossed pair'. Wasn't that a C/A thing? (or it least it was if you made the leap from what was actually said to this)

Isabella

Your Mom
Aerith one half of two star-crossed pairs? What are the odds.

Oh look, we have another vote. I'm tempted to make a joke about Tifa topping a 69, but I'm far too mature for such things. :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Tifa tops Aerith in a 69? Sounds hawt to me. :awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I hate when people use 'setting' :monster: The word does mean settings (like on computers), but to me it just doesn't make sense for this usages (aspects or elements of characters and the story, etc.). 'Setting' in these cases sounds like the world-building, which it can include, but means more than that.

I know this is all only fans doing it in their free time, but I'd hope people would try to make things sound like English. But apparently fans don't want actual English that would make sense to non-geeks (if it even makes sense to them half the time) :monster:

Dunno. It makes sense to me, but then again, I look at it from a theater perspective, where setting includes not just the where, but the when and the circumstances, though that's generally more background stuff, so I can see how that would seem off.

But lulz at 'star-crossed pair'. Wasn't that a C/A thing? (or it least it was if you made the leap from what was actually said to this)

That is what people have claimed about C/A, yes.

Aerith one half of two star-crossed pairs? What are the odds.

Big. Very, very big.

Oh look, we have another vote. I'm tempted to make a joke about Tifa topping a 69, but I'm far too mature for such things. :awesome:

I'm not. 'Oh Hehe Tifa's dominating the sixty nine hur hur hur.'

paoo

♥
Aerith is engraved in Cloud's heart
Cloud is a koibito to Aerith
Cloud holds undying feelings for Aerith

....Is that it?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Hehe. Well, apparently the Crisis Core game guide isn't canon so... They aren't. That's just an opinion. Speaking of opinions, Clerith is chalk full of them. :monster:

Zack is engraved in Cloud's heart
Cloud is a koibito to Zack
Cloud holds undying feelings for Zack

Now it all makes sense.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Aerith is engraved in Cloud's heart
Cloud is a koibito to Aerith
Cloud holds undying feelings for Aerith

....Is that it?
1. So is the promise he made to Tifa.
2. WAS a koibito to Aerith
3. I'm gonna pull a Clerith argument and say it doesn't say WHAT feelings. :awesome:

next? :P

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm gonna stop time and drop a steam roller on all of you and shout WRYYY in triumph. Fo' the last time, bitches, Cloudy is LIVING with Tifa. They have ARGUEMENTS like a husband and wife or whatever relationship status have you, Cloudy RUSHES to Tifa after that epic butthurting by Loz. Says alot about who Cloudy picked now doesn't it?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Of course not - if I happened to see a hot chick with epic boobs lay unconcious in the bushes, I know I'd take a run or two :awesome:.

Hm, compared to the evidence Cloud and Tifa got... I'd say they win. :monster:
It's not really a, "who has the most quotes making them sound like a couple" competition though. Cloud and Tifa are shown to be in a relationship in the stories, and are said to be by the creators. Cloud and Aerith don't have either. Simple as that.

Not saying you were saying it was, but the Clerii seem to think so. They have tallies of how many quotes and non-licenced merchandise and cameos that just have Cloud and Aerith in them and for some reason that means the two are in a relationship...?

paoo

♥
It's not really a, "who has the most quotes making them sound like a couple" competition though. Cloud and Tifa are shown to be in a relationship in the stories, and are said to be by the creators. Cloud and Aerith don't have either. Simple as that.

Not saying you were saying it was, but the Clerii seem to think so. They have tallies of how many quotes and non-licenced merchandise and cameos that just have Cloud and Aerith in them and for some reason that means the two are in a relationship...?

Nah, I wasn't... serious. :awesome: So I know what you mean. The same with things like this: "CLOUD WAS BESIDE AERITH IN A COMMERCIAL!!!11"

To them, that is more evidence than a actual quote when it says Cloud and Tifa realized their feelings for eachother. Because, that could be ANY feeling. :monster:

I'm gonna stop time and drop a steam roller on all of you and shout WRYYY in triumph. Fo' the last time, bitches, Cloudy is LIVING with Tifa. They have ARGUEMENTS like a husband and wife or whatever relationship status have you, Cloudy RUSHES to Tifa after that epic butthurting by Loz. Says alot about who Cloudy picked now doesn't it?

Yes, we know that. But some people are in denial about the whole Cloti thing. :hohum: That's why we have to set things right. Us geeks :geek:

Last edited:
Nah, I wasn't... serious. So I know what you mean. The same with things like this: "CLOUD WAS BESIDE AERITH IN A COMMERCIAL!!!11"
Indeed. I think at the end of the day it's just one big misunderstanding on what the word 'canon' really means.

Does canon really matter to your average gamer? No.

Is it wrong to play FFVII, believe Cloud was in love with Aerith and squee at their scenes together? No.

Is it wrong to go around claiming that's the way the game was intended to be viewed and create nonsense arguments to try and back it up? Kind of leaning towards yes.

Or at the very least if you do that others can't be blamed for telling you that you're wrong and showing you why.

Splintered

unsavory tart
The one arguement I could never understand is the whole, "Aerith can be alive/can have a physical body." I mean, even if you threw away common sense, it would be horrible character and story wise. I went to another board and someone said that Aerith had been tangible and that Cloud could have kissed her if he wanted to.

Her death is one of the defining points of FFVII, but what would be the point of death if she could just physically appear anytime? If anything it makes it so that being dead was actually a plus, she can command the dead and wander around?
Who the hell said this? If you were a fantard for Z/A then Maiden and CoL shouldn't even phase you. Hence the term "fantard". FFVII, AC/C, CC, and everything else in between all have heavier Z/A than Maiden and CoL can ever hope to stamp out. And as far as I know, while Maiden isn't completely canon, it's also Z/A and C/T. Did you even read it? If so, how can it make you lose hope for Z/A? And CoL happens before AC/C. What happened in the end of AC/C? Z/A.

Please, that's hypocrisy fail. Clearly, you are a biased Clerith. Don't claim to be something you're not by posting ridiculous things like that. Whoever you are.
watbaby.png

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Yeah, rly. Why/how would she basically become like a living person if the main point of her death was, you know, she's gone forever and you can never see her again? What the hell was the point of her dying in FFVII? For the lulz?

Her death is one of the defining points of FFVII, but what would be the point of death if she could just physically appear anytime? If anything it makes it so that being dead was actually a plus, she can command the dead and wander around?
I think a lot of people agree with this, including Aerith fans. Having her in AC the way she was felt too much for me. I played the game, went through the hurt of loosing the character, and then all of the sudden she's having conversations with Cloud and standing in doorways?

I don't think she should have been completely ignored, but I would have preferred that she had been more of a guardian angel figure, watching from afar, helping in a way where you aren't quite sure she really did anything at all.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I think AC is the most I can take for Aerith appearing. If she keeps popping up and saving the world, they might as well have resurrected her. I know she's a popular character and all, but I think her story is finished. Except for a resurrection, I don't see there really being any more scope for her to appear again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom