So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think in AC, we're supposed to get that the only reason Zack and Aerith can appear is because the world is in the crisis it is, and because that crisis specifically involves Sephiroth meddling with the lifestream, and that it was a one time deal,
especially since neither was to be seen a year later in a similar, and possible greater threat to the planet.

But yes, spirit loving post FF7 KILLS the point Aerith's death is supposed to have.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Well, no one else was really quite sure she did anything at all. She played that role for everyone who wasn't hallucinating seeing visions of Aeris. Tifa had a clue, being the one who was second most affected by her interference, but no more proof beyond a feeling.

Personally I think Cloud was just on shrooms.

Isabella

Your Mom
But guys ...

A totally wise Clerith said:
Sephiroth's able to manifest all through FFVII, and he was also resurrecting himself in the Northern Crater during FFVII. Did that cheapen the significance of his death in the Nibelheim reactor?
So the villain's death was supposed to feel like a sudden, painful and permanent loss? Only if you're OWD. :monster:

Also, Sephiroth's manipulation of nature for his own selfish ends is bad, but Aerith manipulating the Lifestream to get laid spend time with her boyfriend isn't? If that's the case, where's the line between "bad" perversion of nature and "good" perversion of nature?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Dude, Sephiroth is the villain, who perverts nature. I don't think Aerith would do the same thing.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Sephiroth's death at Nibelheim wasn't really anything like Aerith's. The significance of his death was cheapened by the fact that you're told he's alive (even if it turns out that it's not actually him you see) before you even see his death scene, and the whole "everyone thought the villain had died years ago but he's still alive" thing. You know he's alive, because 'he' just stabbed President Shinra in the back with a sword about an hour earlier. So there's no shock at seeing him die. Whereas Aerith's was a sudden dramatic death of a party member. It was made to make an impact on the player. Whereas Sephiroth's death in Nibelheim wasn't.

The only similarity is that they both died. The difference is, only one came back to life :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
But guys ...

So the villain's death was supposed to feel like a sudden, painful and permanent loss? Only if you're OWD. :monster:

I know a lot of fangirls certainly mourned his passing. And His manifestations were through an extant intermediary- IE, Jenova's body.

Also, Sephiroth's manipulation of nature for his own selfish ends is bad, but Aerith manipulating the Lifestream to get laid spend time with her boyfriend isn't? If that's the case, where's the line between "bad" perversion of nature and "good" perversion of nature?

Well, if you're perverting nature to get your perverted jollies, it's GOOD, I guess.

But yes, Sephiroth fucking with life and death to return from the dead = bad, but Aerith gets a pass, because, well, she's Aerith. And Can Do No Wrong.

Aerith died for your sins!

And the reason Cloud can see Aerith's ghost is because he's the only one who didn't ask the old inn keeper in Nibelheim about the situation of the town :monster:
What can I say, he was popular.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Aerith died for your sins!
Damn right...

and I do think Aerith being able to appear whenever cheapens her death... she was meant to die in FFVII, that's her role. That's like her purpose. She's the tragic character. She needed to give Cloud that extra get up and go after Sephiroth. If you take that away... then... it really kinda ruins the whole game. Hell the whole compilation.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I refuse that nonsensical necrophilia relationship between Cloudy and Aerith because A.) I hate Necrophilia or that BS Astral projection concept, what's dead is dead. and B.) I do not understand why Cloudy would go for a mere A Cup Aerith when he can take the C-D cup Tifa ftw? And Tifa's alot more faithful (If I know Aerith and her mad powers, she'd have Astral affairs with Zack) AND she does the kitchen! AND she takes care of the kids. What ticks me off Cloudy doesn't appreciate this and goes off to chop his wrist off with his First Tsurugi.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I refuse that nonsensical necrophilia relationship between Cloudy and Aerith because A.) I hate Necrophilia or that BS Astral projection concept, what's dead is dead. and B.) I do not understand why Cloudy would go for a mere A Cup Aerith when he can take the C-D cup Tifa ftw? And Tifa's alot more faithful (If I know Aerith and her mad powers, she'd have Astral affairs with Zack) AND she does the kitchen! AND she takes care of the kids. What ticks me off Cloudy doesn't appreciate this and goes off to chop his wrist off with his First Tsurugi.

what the hell are you talking about? O_o

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Oh I was responding to that retarded idea of Aerith "phasing" through cloud. LUL

OH...

O...

K...

So....
How come Square always puts Cloud and Aerith together in other games?... Like that Itadaki Street thingy? He's walking with Aerith... though you do see him interact with Tifa briefly. And Aerith's name was in Cloud's profile for Dissidia and Tifa's wasn't... Cloud also says in Dissidia that there's one person he wants to meet and it's....

And you never hear who he says. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for it to be Tifa since he can see her anytime. Discuss :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
He wants to meet Zack, you moron. /100%Clack

How come Square always puts Cloud and Aerith together in other games?... Like that Itadaki Street thingy? He's walking with Aerith... though you do see him interact with Tifa briefly. And Aerith's name was in Cloud's profile for Dissidia and Tifa's wasn't... Cloud also says in Dissidia that there's one person he wants to meet and it's....

And you never hear who he says. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for it to be Tifa since he can see her anytime. Discuss
I refer to my previous post about how none of this stuff actually matters.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura

And you never hear who he says. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for it to be Tifa since he can see her anytime. Discuss :awesome:
They're throwing bones to angry C/A fans so they'll keep buying stuff :awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
OH...

O...

K...

So....

1. Au. Doesn't matter.
2. Moogle walking with Auron. Boco with Slime. DQ6 girl with monster. DQ7 and 6 folks walking together.
3. That's not Cloud's profile. You can read that SAME blurb on Sephy's side.
4. Rosa is not mentioned in Cecil's profile. Princesses Sara, Hilda, and Lenne are mentioned in the profiles of heroes who they have no romance with.
5. Not Sephiroth. The line is 'You aren't the one I wished to meet'. He also keeps upping Zack too.

Not in the world of Dissidia, he can't.

Isabella

Your Mom
SE puts Cloud and Aerith in AU games because they're arguably the two most popular characters from their most popular game. People like to see their favorite characters show up. It's that simple.

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Not Sure - guess the movie.
Hm...I personally don't give a crap who Cloud loves, but I think he loves em both and can't figure out which he adores more - Aerith or Tifa.
He should have gone with Yuffie - she's alive and well. Sure she's young, but who the hell cares!

I guess I gotta pick though, huh? Hm...Aerfa, Tifa and Aerith put together! :>

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
Oh, scuz me then. Aerti. Cloud doesn't deserve Tifa or Aerith, they are too cool and awesome for him. Cloud sucks.

Maybe they are both farts? Maybe that's why I picked the name? Lol

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Aerti is the hot lesbian seckspairing that they have tho. Marlene is their lovechild.

What I speak is the truth. :wacky:

TheMadHatter

Banned
AKA
What the fuck is Clack? Is it some sort of drug you take to forget things? Like horrible nights you spend with strangers after you get drunk?

Yes, I called them farts! But I guess Tifa ain't, she's so cool! Like a Sakura (I spelled her name right, yes?) on super crack. I think girls who can fight for themselves is dope! :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom