So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
How can the flowers just represent Aerith, when Squall's standing in the same flower field and the flowers are also incidentally the same type that represent Rinoa and the place they'd meet? :monster:

Aerith isn't the only character with a connection to flowers. Seriously.

And FYI, ACC shows this kid planting flowers at the Meteor memorial.
And the materia Cloud is holding in Dissidia's endnig isn't the white materia, which is significantly smaller. It's FFVII's crystal.

Last edited by a moderator:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
And the materia Cloud is holding in Dissidia's endnig isn't the white materia, which is significantly smaller. It's FFVII's crystal.

Oh, so that's the "materia" they were talking about. :monster: I was wondering about that.

I did think it was the materia at first, until Cloud called it the "crystal" and absorbed it. :awesome:

How can the flowers just represent Aerith, when Squall's standing in the same flower field and the flowers are also incidentally the same type that represent Rinoa and the place they'd meet? :monster:

Which brings us to what Cleriths argue as Squinoa=Clerith. Flower fields on flower fields. Cloud and Aerith do meet in flower fields so... FFVIII totally proves the canon of FFVII. OMG SE IS TLLY DRAWING A PARALLEL TO CLERITH AND SQUINOA IN AN AU GAME ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG CANONZ!!!!111 not

Or it just be another good reason to ship LeonxAerith in KH. AUs matter for AUs.

...wait, were those spoilers? :O

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Dissidia isn't an AU like KH, FYI. Dissidia is Final Fantasy, while KH, is Kingdom Hearts, which has no connection to FF. Two totally different universes and canons.
But yeah, you can't say that Cloud obtaining the crystal of FFVII's world is C/A, nor him and Squall standing in a flower field together is somehow indicative of C/A.

That fact that Clerii are even trying to use Dissidia as proof shows how desperate they've become. They'll worship it, but then cringe at a canon game like CC. Wonder why... :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Well yeah, but they got to know each other and shit, you know. *shrugs* I wouldn't say 'koibito' means super and exclusive because the term "sweetheart" always came of as something of puppy love imo. O:
But 'sweetheart' is an English word. 'Koibito' is a Japanese one and isn't the same.

'Water' in Japanese is 'mizu'. But once it gets hot, it's not called 'mizu'. Then it's 'yu'. But just because you can say 'water' for a glass of water or bath water in English, it doesn't necessarily work that way in another language.

Well I think some of them were saying just that and it got misinterpreted as "IT CAN ONLY MEAN THIS EVER!" and some of them saw that and went from there. That's my guess anyway, I dunno. Cause on page 15 of the old LTD thread I can see where Hito said it can be subjective.
The trouble is that people will take what you say and go with it. I can't control what everybody says yet :monster: I said that subjective thing for a while now (before CoL).

But people are still going to assume you're talking about an actual relationship, which I why I still think it sounded weird used in LSW.

That's all I cba replying to from the 11 pages that awaited me today :monster:

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Wow it's been a while since I stuck my nose in here; just a couple of things...

ZaCloud is not some alternate being. It's Cloud using the mannerisms of this successful, impressive guy he wanted to be like.

Aye, but he's not using Zack's mannerisms consciously. I.e., he doesn't think, "Wow, Zack was a cool guy, and Zack would've done this; therefore, I'll do the same." He really thought "This is who I am, and this is how I'll react." There's a huge difference between the two.

Furthermore, Aeris actually states several times she isn't falling for Zack in Cloud. ... Since Aeris knows Zack the best, she knows what parts are his and what to separate.

She mentions that? Several times? I must've missed that, could you please refresh my memory? I apologize if I've missed any quotes/examples since that post.

You appear to be speaking pre-Death-Of-Aerith. Sure, Aerith knew Zack the best, but there's no way she could've known, or suspected, that Cloud's behavior was modeled on Zack's - at least, not before she died. Therefore, she couldn't have known what parts were his and what to separate, simply because she didn't know the original Cloud.

... but she makes it pretty clear she doesn't want a replica of her ex-boyfriend.

In the light of Crisis Core, I'd say it was pretty obvious she first latched onto Cloud because of Zack, and that she wasn't over him. There's no way the creators of Crisis Core would've bothered to put in those little ties between Zack and Aerith just for laughs. When you play Crisis Core, and then play Final Fantasy VII again, keep in mind a few things.

1. Up until a few months ago, Aerith had written 80+ letters to Zack, over a period of over four years.
2. Aerith gives up on Zack ever returning her letters - she probably assumes he's hiding from someone and/or found another girl.
3. She feels a Disturbance in the Force, and possibly attributes it to something terrible happening to Zack.
4. Just a few weeks later, Cloud falls through the roof just like Zack does, into Aerith's life.
5. She uses a line on Cloud that Zack used on her.
6. Aerith wears a pink ribbon - possibly the same one Zack had bought her. She also continues to wear pink - something Zack asked her to do for the next date. Both her ribbon and her dress have strong ties to Zack.

This girl acts like some very unwell Zack fangirls I know.

It doesn't look to me like she doesn't want a replica of her ex-boyfriend. It looks to me like she wants her ex-boyfriend, period.

... as Aeris isn't a delusional person..

If she did realize that Zack died at the end of Crisis Core, she's pretty good at deluding herself, though...

It never struck me that she was falling for Cloud because of the Zackisms, just that the similarities finally caused her to deal with something she really didn't before (because Aeris has no friends, and no one to talk to lol).

Try playing Crisis Core, then approaching Final Fantasy VII without any preconceived notions from the first time you played it. I didn't think she was attracted to the Zack in Cloud the first time I played the game - because I didn't know. But Crisis Core puts a whole new spin on things...

Oh, and about the flowers... If flowers represent Aerith in Final Fantasy VII (which I think they do, and note I said "Final Fantasy VII," not "Final Fantasy Series"), can someone, preferably Clerith, please explain the symbolism in the following?

1. Tifa and Cloud lying face to face in the flowers in AC/ACC.
2. Flowers growing over Zack's grave.
3. Someone - presumably Cloud - putting Zack's Buster Sword in Aerith's church, near her flowers.

Oh, and about the flowers... If flowers represent Aerith in Final Fantasy VII (which I think they do, and note I said "Final Fantasy VII," not "Final Fantasy Series"), can someone, preferably Clerith, please explain the symbolism in the following?

1. Tifa and Cloud lying face to face in the flowers in AC/ACC.
2. Flowers growing over Zack's grave.
3. Someone - presumably Cloud - putting Zack's Buster Sword in Aerith's church, near her flowers.

Obvious threesomes, point 1 and 3. :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm sorry which one? I suffer of the tardness. :monster:

The first time that could be considered a date is when they were at the playground, and of course the optional one.

I would not consider that a date- especially since it started with StalkerAerith catching Cloud and him insisting she go home, lasted less than ten minutes, and most importantly, ended with Cloud ditching the conversation to go try and save Tifa.

Yeah I don't even remember, what were they doing at the playground? I guess I never really thought date, didn't they just stop there?

More or less. They also talked about a few things, including Zack, though he was not mentioned.

Question: A lot of Cleriths say that the ... little sphere thing Cloud is holding in the end of Dissidia looks just like holy... uhm.. what is it? Or do we not know?

It is a Materia, and an unusually large one at that.

err.. yeah sorry it looks like the holy materia :P
And if it's not, then... what is it?

No. It doesn't. Holy was a tiny thing, able to be hidden in Aerith's hair.
Cloud's crystal is a big as his fist, about the size of the black materia.
It's also the wrong color, being a deep, rich green, as opposed to the pale and streaked with white white materia.

And the flowers certainly represent Squall's flowerfield reappearance at least as much as they reference Aerith or Zack or anything else in FF7 now linked with Flowers.
Recall, everyone, they they don't just appear out of nowhere (though they are well hidden), and are seen first with Squall, so none of this 'it appeared for Cloud' nonsense.

Recall, Also, the whole 'flowers as a representation of a peaceful world' that becomes part of Cloud's story during dissidia. Firi's bit and his convo with Terra, no?

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Obvious threesomes, point 1 and 3. :monster:

Are you Clerith? No? Shoo. :wacky:

J/k. But I'd really like to know how a Clerith would explain it away. Here's an example of how one Clerith I know tried to distort explain the symbolism in 1.

"Cloud and Tifa are face to face, instead of body to body, indicating a platonic relationship - the meeting of minds, instead of bodies. The fact that they are lying in the flowers indicates that Aerith Approves(TM) of their platonic relationship."

I burst two ribs laughing and he escaped before I could ask him about the other two.

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
well all 3 points to me say Zerith and that cloud and tifa laying in flowers face to face by which the flowers represent aerith, has no ties to her, and that C/T and Z/A are just simply as the 3 points stated above.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Ryushikaze said:
I would not consider that a date- especially since it started with StalkerAerith catching Cloud and him insisting she go home, lasted less than ten minutes, and most importantly, ended with Cloud ditching the conversation to go try and save Tifa.
Yeah, I'm not saying it's going Ultimania or anything just a possibility. And yes Aerith was very stalker like it was funny. XD But hey remember Cloud to me when he was young, was the kid that breathed behind Tifa's desk in school as he looked through her window. I like stalker love. xD

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
err.. yeah sorry it looks like the holy materia :P
And if it's not, then... what is it?
Ryushikaze said:
No. It doesn't. Holy was a tiny thing, able to be hidden in Aerith's hair.
Cloud's crystal is a big as his fist, about the size of the black materia.
Wait WTF? I meant it DID NOT look like Holy Materia. You're absolutely right, it does NOT look like the Holy Materia. I need to get more sleep.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I missed a canoncouplingisambigous debate? D:

As far as Dissidia is considered, there were really almost no romantic connections within the story at all. Cloud has a couple of references to Zack, that doesn't mean he wants to dig up his corpse and shag his bones.

I would say that the flowers do represent Aerith, but not in a romantic way. Aerith has a habit of popping up in the end of Final Fantasy compilations, and in FFVII and AC it represented one thing; not romance but peace. In a "the bad thing is over, I'm looking over the world, you can stop being emo now" kind of way.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
shit dude sorry, i went and spoilered my posts >_<... it's kinda late not but it'll stop others at least.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I made frowny faces at all these Dissidia spoilers, and now I have time I will go cover them up :monster: EDIT; unless you do what Que did and save me the trouble :awesome:

And don't do it plz. FFVII & Compilation spoilers = fine. Other FF games including Dissidia = mark them.

EDIT 2; over-zealous spoiler-marking done, don't make me do it again :monster:

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
I knew I should have spoilered them. :O Thanks, hitoshura.

Sorry about that, guys. :( Sorry, Tenten.

...so! Cloud is in love with Aerith. True or False? :monster:

Anatoliae

Gas Mask Enthusiast
AKA
Lachlan, Ana, Aniline, Natoli
I think Cloud felt an attraction to her, yes. Because he's a man. Aerith is beautiful and has a pretty fine ass.

But romantically, he's only interested in Tifa. ZaCloud may have been have been interested in her somewhat romantically, based on the player's choices in the game but after the lifestream event, his feelings are all for Tifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom