So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay it had nothing to do with Cloud's state of mind but... I really don't think she stopped thinking about him in the lifestream. I mean, yeah at first she was probably preoccupied with saving the world but after Sephy died , well... you don't know when she met him in the lifestream, it might have been right after he had been beaten.

Just because CoLW says she thought of Cloud when she saw Sephiroth doesn't mean that's the ONLY time she thought of him.

yay debate :joy:

Vendel

Banned
Just because CoLW says she thought of Cloud when she saw Sephiroth doesn't mean that's the ONLY time she thought of him.

When she thinks of Cloud she gets worried about him. It had been a long time since she had worried. Thus likely conclusion. She meets Sephy (and sees his obsession with Cloud) shortly before AC.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Except that Geostigma was making its way around the planet right after FFVII. Are you telling me it took her THAT long to figure out Sephiroth's plan and to find spirits with geostigma in the lifestream?

Besides you never saw her worry in FFVII really. At least not really worried, she always seemed so relaxed about everything. My guess is she hadn't worried since Zack didn't contact her or something.

Vendel

Banned
Except that Geostigma was making its way around the planet right after FFVII. Are you telling me it took her THAT long to figure out Sephiroth's plan and to find spirits with geostigma in the lifestream?

Besides you never saw her worry in FFVII really. At least not really worried, she always seemed so relaxed about everything. My guess is she hadn't worried since Zack didn't contact her or something.

One massive point your missing. Aerith is mainly concerned about the lifestream and what Sephy is doing to it. THAT and his obsession with Cloud and his advent are why she contacts him.

None of which are the actions of someone wanting to reach their lover from beyond the grave. She could have appeared to Cloud any time. But only did so because of Sephy. IMO.

So yes I am saying it took her that long.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Oh I'm not trying to say she ONLY thought of Cloud or was trying to manifest to her lost love or anything. I know THAT'S not true. I'm just not sure it's safe to assume when she first thought of Cloud. In fact I like Isabella' take on the beloved line that Cloud is a symbol of everything worth protecting. Lovers, friends, everything that's important.

And I also don't think she could have appeared to Cloud at any time. I think Ryu's theory about Sephiroth messing around with the lifestream is true. I mean Sephiroth needed to use his Jenova cells to create Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo, so I'm not sure Aerith would have even been able to by herself or with her Cetra powers.

Vendel

Banned
And I also don't think she could have appeared to Cloud at any time. I think Ryu's theory about Sephiroth messing around with the lifestream is true. I mean Sephiroth needed to use his Jenova cells to create Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo, so I'm not sure Aerith would have even been able to by herself or with her Cetra powers.

I disagree. She didn't even think about appearing before Cloud until Sephy came up with his chillren.

It never occurred to her.

Also she does not appear the same way as Sephy. He has a physical body. Aerith.....less so.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I disagree. She didn't even think about appearing before Cloud until Sephy came up with his children.
OOOHHH You've made me so happy! :D

and I said:
Oh I'm not trying to say she ONLY thought of Cloud or was trying to manifest to her lost love or anything.
So... yeah I agree with you. My point is I don't think we know what the time line was... at least I think that was my point I'm still distracted by your first statement :P

So tell me, are you folks still actually interested in this debate, or are you just trying to one up the old acf one?
Not a debate so much anymore as a way to explain the truth to people who are unsure. I don't expect to convince any pinkers of the truth, but I do expect every once in a while a person will lurk here or make an account posting that they are confused by all this.

Smaddy

Green Mage
She did worry. What about that little dream scene in the Sleeping Forest, that happens after you finish the Temple of the Ancients?

Clearly, Aeris is worried about Cloud. She says something about relaxing before he hurts himself.

And she's worried enough about the situation at hand to go try to run off and pray at the City of the Ancients.

I don't remember where this is was written, but I think it's one of the ultimanias:

As an Ancient, Aerith had planned to accomplish the mission. On the one hand, her last concern is Cloud.

And I'm 99% positive it's talking about when she leaves. I think what it's saying is that she knew her leaving would affect Cloud, but she put those feelings aside because she knew what she had to do.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I don't remember where this is was written, but I think it's one of the ultimanias:

And I'm 99% positive it's talking about when she leaves. I think what it's saying is that she knew her leaving would affect Cloud, but she put those feelings aside because she knew what she had to do.

Or it's just referring to the mental breakdown he had just had. Not 'her leaving' so much as 'Cloud in general' would cause him to have a breakdown but her worry over Cloud had to be set aside so she could pull her gambit.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
i think one day cloud is going to have a baby..and tifa will be the one that impregnates him..

Hooooooooly crap. :lol:

I think this topic of conversation should be brought to Faith. :awesome:

Also sig.

That said yes, when the world is in peril I'm sure the last thing these people are all thinking of his who they love and how they love and how it's even possible to have sex with a ghost.

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
well yes..of course cloud is having a baby..didnt u all know? tifa is closing down 7th heaven for the day and everyone in avalanche is throwing a baby shower..duh <.<

AKA
The White Queen
So what may we discuss here? Every pairing in the FINAL FANTASY VII or is this topic just for discussing the two most popular pairings?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
So what may we discuss here? Every pairing in the FINAL FANTASY VII or is this topic just for discussing the two most popular pairings?
I think this is specifically Cloti vs. Clerith. I think if you want to start a general pairings thread, you'd need to make another topic.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
So again the whole "Do you love me?" scene... why did Tifa ask Cloud that anyway?

Meh, I can only chat from way back then - why is it always lively when I'm at work or sleeping? DX

About the insecurity thing, you know what's funny? I was rereading my favourite serie, ASOIAF, from book 1 the other day, when I stumbled upon an interesting situation that I had forgotten: you have a husband and a wife, who just made love, and have an argument :monster: It's from the wife POV, and you can see all her insecurities, how the shadow of another man is between them AND the shadow of another woman, who birthed her husband's bastard a long time ago
the theories say it's not even his own and given his character, it's unlikely that he ever was unfaithful
. But, when you read further, you know that he definitely loves his wife very deeply and that to him, she's the one.

Do you see a similarity? :monster:

Oh noes, a couple with insecurities, shadows of other people between them, trying to overcome that nonetheless. And yet, still a couple that loves the other one deeply and only him/her. I wonder what's up with those couples who feel insecure, geez :monster:

Basically, what I'm trying to say, is that even if Tifa has nothing to be jealous of, it doesn't mean that she doesn't feel insecure about it; there's this bond between the man she loves and Aerith that she can't break nor share in the same way with Cloud, yet she still has Cloud's heart.

Also, if we're going by eternal love and other crap, shouldn't this apply to CloTi rather than Clerith? If anything, they are the ones who were always linked together since childhood and overcame the difficulties and Cloud's gone shit together. Isn't that how you tag a fantasy romance, or does one have to be dead those days to be tagged as fantasy?

AKA
The White Queen
I think this is specifically Cloti vs. Clerith. I think if you want to start a general pairings thread, you'd need to make another topic.

Ahh, I see. Well, Thank you for your help. I don't think I will be making another thread to discuss any other pairings. I see only Cloud and Aerith, Zack and Aerith, and Cloud and Tifa as a pairing to discuss.

So how do we do this? Do we give facts about each pairing then try to counter the argument. Or do we just aknowledge the other pairings points and keep discussing more?

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
The object of the thread is to discuss points of the couples and discuss their validity/their proof as canon/etc. I think. :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Well the topic is, factually, through the canon of the game, who does Cloud love?

It's a debate/discussion topic between the choices of the two women. Tifa or Aerith.

And it's also a poll so that you can vote too. :monster:

AKA
The White Queen
Oh, I did not see the poll. I will vote right now.

Um, which of us should start?

I personally feel that Cloud loves Aerith in FINAL FANTASY VII and I feel he continues to love her throughout the story. I do realize Cloud use to have a crush on Tifa just the same as Aerith to Zack. But I don't think that means either Cloud or Aerith love their first crush.

The first taste of love is very important to a person. But I do not feel they always mean true love or that they are soul mates.

Seems Tifa is winning....

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Ahhhhhhh, a Clerith!!!

Please, please, prove that Cloud loved Aerith in the game. That's what we've been asking for more than 11K posts now :awesome:

Please, state FACTS. This is a LTD. You need to prove your point.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Seems Tifa is winning....
That's because there's generally more Ultimania proof that leans to a Cloud and Tifa relationship, mostly. :monster:

Care to share any proof as to why you think Cloud loves Aerith and continues to love her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom