So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Using Cait Sith's fortunes as proof of anything is like trusting Dr. Phil to give you sound living or psychological advice.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Aerith: Will you read our fortunes? How compatible are me and Cloud?
Cath Sith: Well lemme see... "Every house has a bathroom."
Aerith: ...

quexy! make more sims! make a yuffietine!
Why don't you come over here and make me? :awesome:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
No one accused you. You put yourself into the spot by bringing Nazism and something completely taboo.

I'm taking the hit here. I said: "You do your boots proud" and although I meant Pink Stompers, as I don't use the Nazism, she took it to mean it as a Heil Sig type statement, and then proceeded to upload the Cleris genocide sig.

So, in all fairness, she was just being a smart ass--but with some rather disturbing material. >_>

Isabella

Your Mom
Wow...Really...? I'm sorry but its written in a way the writer talks of Aerith, because your listening to them talk when you read, not Aerith. Its impossible for her to reference herself as "The Woman" No matter what you say.

There seems to be some confusion here. Aerith is NOT the narrator. The narrator is a separate entity, but is limited to Aerith's feelings and experiences. Think of it this way: The narrator is an entity that lives inside Aerith's head and can see what she thinks, feels and senses, but nothing else. Does that help?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm only going to make this declaration once.

Stop talking about the sig. Yes. It's stupid, but you can't tell a person what sig to have. It's ridiculous but please drop it.

Stop invoking Godwin's Law here, please. This is gonna end in tears and gnashing of teeth. So just drop it.

And also quit spamming so who ever is debating doesn't have to wade through post after post of love compatibility stuff that has no bearing to the points at hand. Please stay on the topic of responding to the points at hand.

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I'm only going to make this declaration once.

Stop talking about the sig. Yes. It's stupid, but you can't tell a person what sig to have. It's ridiculous but please drop it.

Stop invoking Godwin's Law here, please. This is gonna end in tears and gnashing of teeth. So just drop it.

Uhm, no one was really referencing the sig itself, but why it arose to begin with...

Yes, the topic should be dropped, but for the record no one asked her to remove it. In fact, I got the hand-smackage for my reaction to it, so... yeah, drop it.

Also, it will be a cold, cold day in hell when the internet makes me cry. Or gnash my teeth. :P

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Wow, too many pages. DID I SEE ALI BACK THERE?

and you debate like poo'.

Oh, bawww icky doo doo face!

:awesome:

And also quit spamming

Oops, I'd better edit my post now. I actually do have something I'm wondering about. In BC they say that Cait Sith is reliable in a way, but in FFVII his predictions are considered unreliable. I believe Cait Sith's predictions are bullshit, since Reeve is controlling him. But others have argued that Cait Sith has a personality aside from Reeves. Is that true or er... I want to get a clear answer. ^^

Last edited:

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
sowwy tyrant, u dont have to yell *cries* =(
i adore your sig with all my heart fairheart :) its so true what the pic is and what it says. also..its pretty hot outside.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Oh, bawww icky doo doo face!

And yet I am the rude and insulting one.

Oops, I'd better edit my post now. I actually do have something I'm wondering about. In BC they say that Cait Sith is reliable in a way, but in FFVII his predictions are considered unreliable. I believe Cait Sith's predictions are bullshit, since Reeve is controlling him. But others have argued that Cait Sith has a personality aside from Reeves. Is that true or er... I want to get a clear answer. ^^

Cait Sith is useful in BC because his 'predictions' are actually information reports- reports based on intel Reeve would have access to.
In FF7, he's actually trying to 'tell fortunes' which he has no actual ability for.
And Cait Sith is a separate entity from Reeve, but entirely dependent on Reeve to exist, and he is essentially a sub personality of Reeve's, and Cait Sith's share memories across incarnations.
Cait Sith is essentially a Golem, animated by Reeve's special power known as inspire, which lets him bring inanimate objects to life.
Cait Sith #4, for example, began existence as a moogle doll.

But there is no reason to believe his prophecy is valid. He is played for comedy- and dark comedy- when he makes predictions, and unlike several other FFs, there's nothing else to suggest that fortune telling is valid.

Also, speaking of, could the people claiming Nomura or whoever said 'you could interpret Cait Sith's you will lose something dear as meaning Aerith' provide a citation/ source and page number or scan, plox?
Because you can also take it to mean ANYTHING. Cait Sith's prophecy is INFALSIFIABLE. And thus, it is worthless.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Also, speaking of, could the people claiming Nomura or whoever said 'you could interpret Cait Sith's you will lose something dear as meaning Aerith' provide a citation/ source and page number or scan, plox?
Because you can also take it to mean ANYTHING. Cait Sith's prophecy is INFALSIFIABLE. And thus, it is worthless.

See, I always thought he was referring to Cloud's virginity... :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
ROFL his virginity is dear to him? XD

And without Nomura, I always thought it DID mean Aerith but... I didn't know people were claiming that he said that. Weird... I wonder where they get that from. To the Clerith mobile!

Splintered

unsavory tart
Eh, to be fair, I don't see what else that could be. That's pretty blatant foreshadowing.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I think people are being biased and leaving things out again ):

p.120
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7599/prediction.jpg

Check: Meaningful Predictions

Cait Sith gives three predictions on the whereabouts of Sephiroth. Disregarding the first two, it is Cait Sith's third prediction which leads to him going with the team which stands out--- "If you seek them, you will definitely meet them. However, you will lose what is most important." When the story progresses to the Forgotten City, "losing what is most important" can seem to mean losing Aerith, and as it progresses further to the Great Cave, it can be taken as hinting at Cloud's mental breakdown.

[caption]
< Or it could simply be something to devise an excuse to join the team?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think people are being biased and leaving things out again ):

p.120
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7599/prediction.jpg

Check: Meaningful Predictions

Cait Sith gives three predictions on the whereabouts of Sephiroth. Disregarding the first two, it is Cait Sith's third prediction which leads to him going with the team which stands out--- "If you seek them, you will definitely meet them. However, you will lose what is most important." When the story progresses to the Forgotten City, "losing what is most important" can seem to mean losing Aerith, and as it progresses further to the Great Cave, it can be taken as hinting at Cloud's mental breakdown.

[caption]
< Or it could simply be something to devise an excuse to join the team?

And thus Ryu is vindicated.

And yes, it's OBVIOUS foreshadowing. But it's also VAGUE foreshadowing. It can refer to many things. And it can also be meaningless, just something he said to secure his place on the team.

Splintered

unsavory tart
And thus Ryu is vindicated.

And yes, it's OBVIOUS foreshadowing. But it's also VAGUE foreshadowing. It can refer to many things. And it can also be meaningless, just something he said to secure his place on the team.
Yeah, but if we argue that we can totally argue that Tifa's koibito can refer to that hobo on the train that you can talk to. If it's obvious, why pretend it is not?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, but if we argue that we can totally argue that Tifa's koibito can refer to that hobo on the train that you can talk to. If it's obvious, why pretend it is not?

It's obvious that it IS foreshadowing. What it is foreshadowing is less obvious. The best foreshadowing generally is.
In this case, we may take it as being possibly either, while in universe it is a prophesy of neither, merely a sleek sounding infalsifiable prophecy Cait uses to force his way into the team.

Isabella

Your Mom
That was Isabella? Well then, she gets all my thanks in the future, so many of my favourite stories are written that way. :awesome:

SHG_HeManPower.gif

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Regarding my question "What do Cleriths mean when they say Aerith is your default date if you play the game normally?" I was answered as follows:

When you don't call Aerith a Slum drunk Cause she too much Competition for Tifa XD Thats what we mean. :whistle:

When I first played the game, I never called Aerith a slum drunk, and I still got Tifa as Cloud's date. I had no idea there would be a date, much less that there was an affection count-thingy. I've always been curious about what the Cleriths claim is playing normally. The first time I played, I

1. Got through the train without any trouble (seriously - who had trouble with that?).
2. Did not call Aerith a slum drunk.
3. Pushed over one wrong barrel at the church (I didn't judge the fall correctly).
4. Preferred to keep Tifa in the party over Aerith, because I felt that Aerith was weaker, and that someone else with Cure materia would serve just as well as a healer.

That's pretty normal, I think.

I only started keeping Aerith in my party during subsequent replays because I knew she'd die, and I wanted to get her limit breaks. I don't call that normal.

So, my question is - is that the only way one plays the game "normally" - without calling Aerith a slum drunk?

Rabid its said Rabid, Geez. Rapid is a pace of movement.

Rapid -
1. occurring within a short time; happening speedily: rapid growth. 2. moving or acting with great speed; swift: a rapid worker. 3. characterized by speed: rapid motion.

It's, it's written it's. Geez. "Its" is a possessive pronoun, "it's" is the contraction of "it is" ...

Vendel

Banned
Might as well......the points really haven't really changed.

I think Caitsith telling Cloud and Aerith their stars are perfect for each other and then predicting a marriage for the both of them together means a lot.

And right after that Cloud beats the shit out of Aerith. Maybe she "can't find a better man".

And when Cloud says unfreezing Aerith's smile is the most important reason to fight Sephiroth, it comes off as if he is in love with her.

I thought Clouds reason for fighting was his secret(personal)memory? And oddly enough he used similar words in the lifestream to Tifa. And RIGHT AFTER THIS he has an extended conversation (sex) with Tifa.

And I've always looked at Aerith and Cloud's date as, well, romantic. That is what dates are for, for people who are romantically involved;

Aerith saying she doesn't really know Cloud and him sitting there like a lump on a log is romantic? Also you can only date if you are in romance? Twice failed reasoning I should say.

In Aerith&#8217;s case, if you play the game normally, the partner that generally comes will be Aerith.

Really? She needs a romance boost at the start of the game just to keep up. And it arbitrarily awards her lots of points for things like taking her with you to confront Dyne. Gotta play catch up again Aerith!

I think it clearly shows who Cloud is in love with.

*sigh commercials*
I just saw a commercial for Resistance 2 (the Japanese version). It had a guy in an alien suit dancing around the streets. So I guess that is canon for that game?

No disrespect to anyone here but, I honestly have never seen anything that leads to Cloud loving Tifa romantically.

Try the entire compilation of FFVII.

Or that they're in a relationship at all. So I'm not sure why everyone says Cloud and Tifa are together romantically if it has not been stated.

You see the problem is this. When you have two people like C/T living together and raising children. The only logical conclusion is that they ARE in a relationship. It has to be specifically stated that they in fact are not in one.

In a slightly related note. I watched some Ah! My Goddess episodes recently. And one of the humorous situations is that EVERYONE assumes that Bell and K are in a more advanced relationship than they are because they live together.

People have to be specifically told or shown that it is not the case. If the show used PN logic then everyone should have assumed they were co-habituating innocently. And Bell and K would have to fuck in public for people to get they are in a relationship.

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
So I'm not sure why everyone says Cloud and Tifa are together romantically if it has not been stated.

For reference can someone show me where it's stated that Aerith and Cloud were EVER in a romantic relationship? I mean, I just want to try and follow the logic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom