So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
in fact this is so sickening, i broke out my type writer..now im gonna make another add on to LOTR, TYVM! <.<

Neutron Ronnie

From The Front of Armament
AKA
Powerslave
Wait what, third person restrictive doesn't really have a place in this thread anywhere, who said it was relevant AT ALL?

It does, and it is, because it provides another viable explanation as to why Aerith calls Cloud her koibito, right?

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Hito definitely should have gone with sweatheart, I think there would have been a lot of laughs :monster:

But beloved really makes the most sense, considering this IS Aerith's own SKEWED point of view.

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
ok this has gotten way the fuck off topic..wow..cut the crap

Sorry Senor Pseudo, I wasn't aware of you being modded lately.

It does, and it is, because it provides another viable explanation as to why Aerith calls Cloud her koibito, right?

I don't know what the jiggins a koibito is, can&#8217;t we speak English rather than mangled Romanised Japanese?

Is it me, or people are attacking other people really fast those days, over something utterly RIDICULOUS another one made up not so long ago?

Seriously dudes, if you can't swallow the 3rd person narrative, just avoid reading altogether and stop complaining right here. It's so freaking ridiculous I don't even know where to start.

*eyes twitching*

http://www.acdev.org/troxed.swf

Go to above site. Turn on your sound. Visit alot of the threads in the FF7 section. Click the button labelled 'Are You Stupid?'. Sympathise with me.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I was actually talking about this earlier in the thread.

When it comes to the date stuff, you can start getting points with Tifa when you meet her, and Aerith when you fall through the roof. Tifa gets a head start and can even pass Aerith's initial points, which start off higher (I looked it up and counted 6+, but I think Ryu said 2+, it's still in the +).

I was going from memory, so I may have missed an additional point source.

So, people always assume that since Aerith's stats start higher, that means she's the easiest date to get. The way I see it Aerith needed something to even out the fact that Tifa can take the lead before you even meet her.

And for the fact that you can easily endless loop Tifa for points.

The Aerith date is the one that makes sense with the story arc of her asking for the date, and you learn a lot about Aerith before she dies, but I like you got Tifa's date without trying the first time. And I liked Aerith a lot, so it wasn't because of saying the mean things to her.

Though Cloud's arc works better with HIS arc of his identity crisis and finding who he really is.

Funny, I remember haichi being a big raving CloTi back on ACF. So this is rather hilarious to me.

Pretty sure she is joking. The essay reminds me of one I've seen elsewhere, but CBA to check.

Also, if'n the picture is the one I think they're referring to, that's the side of a building, not
a boquet of flowers.

As an English student, I'm not sure I'd listen to an English lecture from somebody who spends their nights debating the canonicity of a poorly defined possible relationship from a japanese video game.

And as an English graduate, I would. Because it means they are well in practice.
Further, I'd trust their word on Literary modes of conveyance, which was the actual topic of discussion.

Because everyone knows japanese games are basically the same as English Literature right?

Literature is literature.
Once you know the basics, and can pick up the cultural specifics which are nowhere near as obscure as some folks like to think, it generally falls together.

FAIZE, YOU DON'T LIKE THIS THREAD? GET OUT OF THIS THREAD. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. CEASE YOUR BITCHING AND SPAMMING IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO CONTRIBUTE. CAPISCHE?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Faize -
Koibito means lover in Japan. Plain and simple Tifa is referred to as a koibito to someone in the Reunion files. Most people assumed it to be Cloud and when the word is used like that (IE the creator of the universe stating it) it can be assume that Cloud reciprocates the feelings. A lot of Clotis would bring this up in a debate against Cleriths saying IN THE CONTEXT (happy Mako? :monster:) the word means a two sided relationship end of story, no possible other explanation. Cleriths tried to come up with other explanations for the word but most of them ... didn't exactly work and were... well wrong.

BUT

Then Aerith called Cloud her koibito in Case of Lifestream white and because it's just her POV, it wasn't clear if Cloud returned the feelings. Cleriths were annoyed because they had heard "two sided relationship" so much. Clotis were annoyed because... well it should be obvious.

There was a lot of drama over the word... in fact I've never seen such drama over a word before :monster:
I LOVE THAT WORD! *huge Koibito*

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Then Aerith called Cloud her koibito in Case of Lifestream white and because it's just her POV, it wasn't clear if Cloud returned the feelings. Cleriths were annoyed because they had been told so many times it can ONLY mean a two sided relationship and suddenly it could mean just one sided.

No, it suddenly it could mean Aerith isn't perfect and always right. Something that is a sin to suggest. Hence their insistence that she's not the narrator, that Noj is the narrator and is speaking extrauniversally, even though it would contradict all his other extrauniversal commentary.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Please, it's not drama over the word. It's people pissed off because the word got tied to the pairing they don't like and can't face reality.

And stop. No one said it only meant a two sided relationship. They said in the CONTEXT of the statement in the Reunion Files, it was a two-sided mutual relationship. Stop misrepresenting the argument, please. Cleriths were never told it could only mean one thing. That was their own interpretation to prove themselves right. Big difference between creator commentary, and in-universe declaration of thoughts and feelings in a novella.

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
quexy! bah, sry bout tht comment b4, shudnt take my hatred for my neighbors on teh LTD. anyway, now tht my typewriter broke so i cant do another LOTR add-on, i highly agree with quexy (not just because she did my sims ideA)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
quexy! bah, sry bout tht comment b4, shudnt take my hatred for my neighbors on teh LTD. anyway, now tht my typewriter broke so i cant do another LOTR add-on, i highly agree with quexy (not just because she did my sims ideA)

what

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Further, people keep wanting to act like Koibito is a bullet with a name on it- a one shot kill to prove their pairing.

It's not.

It's a bullet alright, but it's loaded in the C/T Minigun. It is but one round in a huge clip of evidential ammo, best fired rapid fire with close grouping.

Addendum: Lymle, you are not allowed my emboldened capslock of moderation.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Hmm there's that quote my Nomura that my friend brought up once. About how even though she's an opposite to Sephiroth, she isn't wholly good. She's a balance of dark and light unlike almost any other character in Kingdom Hearts. Anyone have that? It's kinda valid.

And stop. No one said it only meant a two sided relationship. They said in the CONTEXT of the statement in the Reunion Files, it was a two-sided mutual relationship. Stop misrepresenting the argument, please.
Yes that's what I meant, in the context... thought that was obvious by what I wrote but lemme edit my post.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
FAIZE DACON AND MAKO, YOU DON'T LIKE THIS THREAD? GET OUT OF THIS THREAD. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. CEASE YOUR BITCHING AND SPAMMING IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO CONTRIBUTE. CAPISCHE?

: /

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Hmm there's that quote my Nomura that my friend brought up once. About how even though she's an opposite to Sephiroth, she isn't wholly good. She's a balance of dark and light unlike almost any other character in Kingdom Hearts. Anyone have that? It's kinda valid.

Yes that's what I meant, in the context... thought that was obvious by what I wrote but lemme edit my post.
Wait, even though I haven't played KH, didn't he say that the opposite of Sephiroth was Tifa, since she's all light? The rest of the comment does apply to Aerith though. ._.

Again though, it's an AU so... :monster:

But I think the light thing from Tifa show very well that she is Cloud's catalyst - aside from the warmth she represents.

@Faize: we're talking about a novella, NOT THE DAMN GAME. So there you go.

A

Great Old One
Which character are you talking about? As far as I know, the only character mentioned being a balance of darkness and light is Aerith.

Nojima: In my opinion, Aerith doesn't really belong to either light or darkness. Kind of like, she's in another world and can go to either if she wants to. She's independent, not steeped in either light or darkness. To put it another way, she's the most stable, having both light and darkness

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Calm down, I'm just supporting my opinion.

CLOTI ISN't CANON LOLOLOLOOLOOLOLOOOLLOOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLO
wat

Also - There's a novella?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Which character are you talking about? As far as I know, the only character mentioned being a balance of darkness and light is Aerith.
Aerith, like you quoted :P But I think there's another quote too I"ll have to look.

A

Great Old One
Aerith, like you quoted :P But I think there's another quote too I"ll have to look.
Just taking a guess here, but are you talking about what Nomura said about Aerith's and Sephiroth's relationship (and the conflict between light and darkness)?

As long as Sephiroth exists, Aerith must exist.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I don't know, my friend brought it up a while ago and I'm not sure what the quote is that she was talking about. My point was that Nomura said she wasn't wholly good or pure, so.. that... proves that she's not like some Cleriths like to believe :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's in reference to KH, which has no bearing on FFVII because it's talking about two entirely different world mechanics. Not about her personality and purity.

Clerith's love bleeding the two together as if it all just means the same thing when it really doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom