So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
In short, A is employing- in her assumed role- a debating 'tactic' best called the Wall of Ignorance.
If I were to sum up the Clerith tactic I see most often, I'd call it Context Avoidance. They look at everything as an isolated incident, instead of asking themselves how it fits in the whole.

Just take all the quotes from RF: koibito, Cloud and Tifa would be together, Tifa like any woman who's been left by a man, etc. They look at each of these quotes and try to find a loophole (Cloud's name isn't mentioned! They'd be together in the same location!) instead of taking all the parts and examining how it all fits together.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
If I were to sum up the Clerith tactic I see most often, I'd call it Context Avoidance. They look at everything as an isolated incident, instead of asking themselves how it fits in the whole.

Just take all the quotes from RF: koibito, Cloud and Tifa would be together, Tifa like any woman who's been left by a man, etc. They look at each of these quotes and try to find a loophole (Cloud's name isn't mentioned! They'd be together in the same location!) instead of taking all the parts and examining how it all fits together.

Context Avoidance is a MASSIVE part of the WoI, Bella.

For example, in the old ST/SW throwdowns, a classic WoI Trekkie argument was that because of a line by Picard was dismissive of lasers (lasers, those won't even pierce our navigational deflectors), and because SW weapons are CALLED lasers, Trek ships would be completely immune to SW lasers, and then refused to look at either the context of Picard's line or the nature (or context) of SW Turbo and Superlasers.

But yes, I agree. They insist on examining each piece of the puzzle, and when the entire picture isn't on it, they insist it can't be a windmill.
But the slightest hint of pink and they think it's a flamingo.
And then they refuse to look at the puzzle when people start assembling all the little jigsaw bits.

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
As a non English major, I am satisfied because I don't have the measure how much literature interpretation can go into a script and how I can take the opinions of other people who are English majors.

Am I too late for this joke to work? Damn.
I was under the impression that Square left it ambiguous on purpose :monster:
It was. Oh shi- I went there.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Star Wars/Star Trek rows scare me. And I've never even seen one. Nor do I want to.

Also, you can all trust me on English stuff because I'm actually a published author. I'm rather successful. I wrote a fantasy romance, maybe you've heard of it? It's called "Twilight".

So as you can see, I know what I'm talking aboot. I don't know what all this third person stuff is about, so it must be stupid and not worth my time (like real vampires). Everything is crap compared with my books, the only true literature (including the films), and that's all there is to it. Now let's have ice cream or something. Or I'll have ice cream. When you all have best-selling books too and finally know what you're talking about, maybe then you can have some.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Star Wars/Star Trek rows scare me. And I've never even seen one. Nor do I want to.

Also, you can all trust me on English stuff because I'm actually a published author. I'm rather successful. I wrote a fantasy romance, maybe you've heard of it? It's called "Twilight".

So as you can see, I know what I'm talking aboot. I don't know what all this third person stuff is about, so it must be stupid and not worth my time (like real vampires). Everything is crap compared with my books, the only true literature (including the films), and that's all there is to it. Now let's have ice cream or something. Or I'll have ice cream. When you all have best-selling books too and finally know what you're talking about, maybe then you can have some.
AMG I love ur books, I believe in soulmates its so reelistic. Bella is such a beautiful, strong role model for wimmenz everywhere, and I think it is sooooo romantic to wanto kill urself if ur boyfrend leaves u.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
It has teenage wangst and overdoses of drama. No spinebreaking births or vampires I'm afraid... I'm so not worthy....

So, uh, how about that love triangle :whistle:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It's obviously Edward. If you think otherwise, well, you've just never been in love, sweeties. But it's okay, when you're older you'll understand.

Also, because the success of Twilight has given me superpowers, I can read Nomura's mind and now know that Cloud actually loves Edward because Edward's ice-cold skin and chilling good looks melted Cloud's icy heart, like ice cream left too close to a fire burning like hot repressed passion.

So I've solved your little problem for you, and you're welcome to send me money. Just no fan letters, I'll just throw them away. You can't possibly write something as wonderfully as I, so it'd just be a waste of time reading them.

I want ice cream. Can you make an exception and let me have ice cream, just this once?
If you bought all my books.

For your friends and family.

And at least three sets to give to strangers to spread the good word.

And the body glitter.

Then you can have some vanilla ice cream. If you get a tattoo, then it comes with toppings.

Then you can have some vanilla ice cream. If you get a tattoo, then it comes with toppings.

If I bedazzle your name on my forehead can I have some butter pecan? And that caligraphy is gonna look so awesome when all those girls reach menopause. :awesome: Edward's gonna have a hilarious case of Bell's Palsey.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ryu, quit playing. You know you'd do it for free. :shifty:

Yes, but if I could get payed to do something I enjoy doing...

It's obviously Edward. If you think otherwise, well, you've just never been in love, sweeties. But it's okay, when you're older you'll understand.

Also, because the success of Twilight has given me superpowers, I can read Nomura's mind and now know that Cloud actually loves Edward because Edward's ice-cold skin and chilling good looks melted Cloud's icy heart, like ice cream left too close to a fire burning like hot repressed passion.

So I've solved your little problem for you, and you're welcome to send me money. Just no fan letters, I'll just throw them away. You can't possibly write something as wonderfully as I, so it'd just be a waste of time reading them.

Well, you wrote Twilight, so you can't actually read...

ryu dont yell at me :(

I'M NOT YELLING. I JUST WANT YOU TO BUY OXI-CLEAN!

Splintered

unsavory tart
excusegw1.jpg

EDIT

Yes, but if I could get payed to do something I enjoy doing...
Edward would never do it for money. He has true love 4evar

ohno.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom