So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Hey Ryu, you know 524524 right? They know all, see all, tell all? You text them a question and they answer... well I asked them who Cloud loved and they said:

These people know all, therefore it MUST be true that he had feelings for Aerith.

okay I'm done being bored now.

We've already gone through that nonsense.
Don't waste your money on it.

Also I agree with Spintered. If it was SO freaking obvious that Cloud had NO interest in Aerith whatsoever and she was simply a friend to him, there's not much of a love triangle then.

...What part of 'Cloud doesn't even need to be interested in either of them for a triangle to exist' is refusing to embed itself in everyone's damn heads?
Classic Japanese love triangles tend to involve three people, two interested in the third, with the third interested in only one of the two, and the death of the party who the third is not interested in.
Some real Japanese cultural lessons for you.

I haven't played/read either, and live in the hope that that doesn't make me strange :monster:

Oh, it does. More than you can ever know.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Speaking of Watchmen, we rent movies where I work and bitches rented it out and SCRATCHED IT BEYOND WATCHABILITY AND REPAIR!!!!! :@

Anyway whatever.

Cloti woo...

Hey Ryu, you know 524524 right? They know all, see all, tell all? You text them a question and they answer... well I asked them who Cloud loved and they said:

Cloud Strife was said to have had interest in both Tifa Lochkeart and Aeris Gainsborough in FFVII.

These people know all, therefore it MUST be true that he had feelings for Aerith.

okay I'm done being bored now.

I lol'd.

You make me want to starting texting them the most random questions imaginable.

Also if that is word for word what your text said then that means 524524 spelled Tifa's name wrong. :monster:

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
They got "Aerith" wrong too :monster:

...What part of 'Cloud doesn't even need to be interested in either of them for a triangle to exist' is refusing to embed itself in everyone's damn heads?
Lemme try again
If Cloud didn't have any romantic feelings toward Aerith etc etc... and it was obvious, why do so many people think that he did? Hell even some Clotis think that he did but that it was Jenova's influence.

Vendel

Banned
Lemme try again
If Cloud didn't have any romantic feelings toward Aerith etc etc... and it was obvious, why do so many people think that he did? Hell even some Clotis think that he did but that it was Jenova's influence.

Years of fan wank have blown Clouds actions during the game towards Aerith out of proportion me thinks.

When you have one side that takes any thing he says or does that could be remotely connected to Aerith as a romantic statement on his part. It tends to skew the baseline perception a little bit.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
They got "Aerith" wrong too :monster:

Lemme try again

HARRY.

POTTER.

QED.

Splintered

unsavory tart
The thing is, there is some evidence of flirting nature by Cloud. Lots of it is optional, but some of it isn't. So to say, Cloud wasn't interested in Aerith at all seems to be overdoing it.

I agree that the date is being heralded as this great romantic decider when it really wasn't. But that doesn't mean that it can be totally ignored.
Classic Japanese love triangles tend to involve three people, two interested in the third, with the third interested in only one of the two, and the death of the party who the third is not interested in.
IN JAPAN

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
remind me again how many pages this is gonna be before it closes, i believe we covered everything 100 pages ago..

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Find a way to prove Cloti canon once and for all and it'll close. I'm about this close || to contacting Nomura myself just to end the war.

You do realize how often you've gotten on Cleriths for saying "In japan X represents X" right or "they do things this way in Japan..."? While I don't agree in their interviewing of random people, I don't think that's a good way to argue all together.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Well she said optional and yes there is a lot of optional flirting opportunities for Cloud. Like when Marlene says "I think Aerith likes you" (or whatever, it's not the exact quote) and he can say "Let's hope so" or what have you. Not saying it's proof of anything, just clarifying what she said.

Isabella

Your Mom
What non-optional instances are there of Cloud showing undeniable romantic interest in Aerith? I don't mean showing concern or care, but definite romance?

There are scenes that could be taken as romantic if you're already pre-disposed to the idea that they're THE couple -- and how can you not be? Aerith is set up to look and act like the quintessential love interest. But if you look at these scenes in hindsight, you realize they aren't definitive. In fact, hindsight will make you see things you didn't notice before.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
he also doesn't charge her for her services. He accepts a DATE for her and he makes Tifa PAY him for work he does for her :monster:

You don't wanna sig me, Quex. I'm just a poser who doesn't know what she's talking about. :monster:

:( but it's such a good quote, please? It sums up what I've been trying to say. But if you really want me to remove it I will... I'll just have to find one first...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Isabella said:
In fact, hindsight will make you see things you didn't notice before.
Like, how you can chose to say about/to Tifa is hella more flirty/romantically coloured? XD And how you can never diss Tifa the way you can diss Aerith? XD

Isabella

Your Mom
I'm just kidding. I don't care if you quote me.

You know, that quote of Nomura's, I forget how it went ... something about "killing off Aerith and bringing out Tifa" ... he got a lot of flak for it from Aerith fans, but that's precisely what happens. Tifa is sort of in the background the first half, the poor little best friend who has to take a back seat to the Cetra. But the story pulls a fast one, kills off the Chosen One, and we're given the Lifestream sequence that shows us Tifa was The One after all.

So many movies follow this same playbook. I don't know why it's so hard to see for some people!

Like, how you can chose to say about/to Tifa is hella more flirty/romantically coloured? XD And how you can never diss Tifa the way you can diss Aerith? XD
Yes. And how the beginning of the game tricks you into thinking Tifa was the one with the crush in childhood, pushing a promise on a poor guy who has no interest. It's not until the LS that you learn the situation was flipped.

Splintered

unsavory tart
What non-optional instances are there of Cloud showing undeniable romantic interest in Aerith? I don't mean showing concern or care, but definite romance?

There are scenes that could be taken as romantic if you're already pre-disposed to the idea that they're THE couple -- and how can you not be? Aerith is set up to look and act like the quintessential love interest. But if you look at these scenes in hindsight, you realize they aren't definitive. In fact, hindsight will make you see things you didn't notice before.
I don't think there were specific moments as much as it was a storywide progression and emotional bonding with romantic tension. He's a notorious social retard with a chip on his shoulder but he gradually opens up to Aerith, the typical love interest, and takes the flirting with stride.

I agree with you, he doesn't form a romantic relationship with Aerith, and that it was suppose to be a red herring. But the fact that you are suppose to fall for it, and many people do, shows that maybe there was something there beyond platonic. It just was stopped in its tracks before it could develop.

And then it is Tifa that Cloud grows close to and bonds with.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
The thing is, there is some evidence of flirting nature by Cloud. Lots of it is optional, but some of it isn't. So to say, Cloud wasn't interested in Aerith at all seems to be overdoing it.

Some evidence.
Name some, then.

I agree that the date is being heralded as this great romantic decider when it really wasn't. But that doesn't mean that it can be totally ignored.

We aren't. We look at the date and note the sheer... lack of interest Cloud has in it.

IN AMERICA.

Find a way to prove Cloti canon once and for all and it'll close. I'm about this close || to contacting Nomura myself just to end the war.

You do realize how often you've gotten on Cleriths for saying "In japan X represents X" right or "they do things this way in Japan..."? While I don't agree in their interviewing of random people, I don't think that's a good way to argue all together.

You do realize how often I've gotten on Cleriths for MAKING UP "In Japan X represents X", you mean. I fully recognize that my example is NOT the be all end all of the Japanese cultural spectrum, but it is an amusing note on their literature from scrolls, to books, to film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom