So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Destiny Failed has been going on for years. They have a spy in the cetra forum who's never been caught *shrugs*... frankly I wouldn't be surprised if it was an admin.

It's still impressive to me, not that I'd ever want to do that, and I do think it's kind of mean. But to go for years giving them translations or just making things up like some of them do, all for the sake of lulz... lulz for a pairing fight at that. *shrugs* So are specific translators being accused of possibly trolling or is this just a general feeling for all of them?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What do fake translations have to do with anything..?

What's the topic now?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think what fake translations have to do with this thread can best be summed up by

Image4.jpg

Courtesy of
http://destinyfailed.blogspot.com/2009/04/effects-of-post-menopause-on-analstar.html

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh, THAT stupid, unfounded accusation regarding our translations because they said something she didn't like. I remember now :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
It's about other people translation-trolling them? I thought people meant someone there was doing it :monster:

Have you seriously not ever heard of Chris Chan?...
I didn't have any idea who that was until the last time you mentioned it and I googled it.

I wish I could have that time back, but at least it taught me not to offend The Internet :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
HAHA I love how you say "it" XD
It's about other people translation-trolling them? I thought people meant someone there was doing it
Again not saying that's for sure, it just wouldn't surprise me is all. And it's not like that person would have been doing it since the forum was made. I mean you were their translator for how long?...

I'm not saying for sure they're trolls, it just wouldn't surprise me
That, or someone is trolling them when they go ask for translations... it's one big conspiracy theory I am starting right now. Anyone care to join? :awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
That, or someone is trolling them when they go ask for translations... it's one big conspiracy theory I am starting right now. Anyone care to join? :awesome:

Can't. I'm already in the EAC, and we evil atheists have a lot of work to do opressing the christians and promoting the downfall of 'real america', dontcha know.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
When it comes to shipping, the golden rule is "Anything that doesn't fall in line with my own skewered point of view is always wrong".

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Destiny Failed is a joke.

I have a simple philosophy - anyone who spends that much time on people they call pathetic, is even more pathetic.

The REALLY funny part is that they mock one of the Clerith posts by saying it's not a vision of Aerith in Cloud's eye in a screenshot, because the idea of showing an image of Aerith in Cloud's eye is obviously ludicrous (and has totally happened before). So to debunk this, they show an image of Zack in Cloud's eye (which I believe happens in ACC at one point).

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Destiny Failed is a joke.

Destiny failed is hilarious.

The REALLY funny part is that they mock one of the Clerith posts by saying it's not a vision of Aerith in Cloud's eye in a screenshot, because the idea of showing an image of Aerith in Cloud's eye is obviously ludicrous (and has totally happened before). So to debunk this, they show an image of Zack in Cloud's eye (which I believe happens in ACC at one point).

Uhhh... that's not at all what that post infers. What it debunks is the Clerith belief that Aerith's 1997 CGI death scene is in Cloud's Left eye (although it's right in their diagram...apparently none of them own a mirror...annnyway) as opposed to the image of Zack--that actually WAS there.

But if you need the refresher: http://destinyfailed.blogspot.com/2009/02/look-closer-no-closer-there-it-is.html

Now the REALLY funny part is that a certain TLS poster is mocking a blog for mocking another forum incorrectly, while they themselves have the facts incorrect! :awesome:

Irony: It will bite you in the ass--every time.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
But Zack does show up in one of Cloud's eyes while Aerith is in the other. I'm confused.

But then I don't spend a lot of time on that blog anyway. I think it's kind of lame.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
While some of Destiny Failed is hilarious, it is pretty mean and scathing at times. All it does is strengthen the chains of hatred between fandom by bringing the lulz. I love snark as much as the next one but it does seem rather...personal at times, which is a bit much.

Anyways, I don't think we need to be discussing that site anyways. We're here to discuss the LT of FFVII, not its members of fandom or the wank of its individuals.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
While some of Destiny Failed is hilarious, it is pretty mean. All it does is strengthen the chains of hatred between fandom. I love snark as much as the next one but it does seem rather...personal.

Agreed. I've moved past the generic jokes and little quips you guys make, but they zero in on specific members and specific posts and specific topics. That's not just joking around, that's making a personal attack on someone.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
But Zack does show up in one of Cloud's eyes while Aerith is in the other. I'm confused.

But then I don't spend a lot of time on that blog anyway. I think it's kind of lame.

He does. The claim of the pinker crowd pre-movie was that he didn't, that 1997 CG Aerith was in the other eye.

DesFail pointed out that it was 'It's Zack, not the out-of-place 1997 ceegee graphic of Aerith that Anal wishes it was. As Cloud rides to save Denzel, two of his closest friends who died right in front of him flash before his eyes. Or, the two people who he totally spirit!bangs.'

Come the movie, they are justified. It IS Zack in his other eye.

So how is the egg on Destiny Failed again?

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, the personal attacks are what's a bit much.

Anyways, so about Cloud's penis. Where does it belong? :awesome:

A

Great Old One
Regarding Destiny Failed; I do get amused by their posts every now and then. It's sad how some have to take it so far to make a fictional pairing rise above all else. But I do think that Destiny Failed can be really harsh in its choice of words. We already know that there are certain Cleriths out there who can't take a hint and are just plain pathetic. But why be hypocritical and do the same thing? I recall one of their posts discussing about how the Cloud/Aerith forum mocked a Cloud/Tifa fan and discussing on the maturity of Clerith fans. Yet Destiny Failed doesn't seem to realize that doing the exact same thing to members of the Cloud/Aerith forum is just equally as pathetic. It's already been proven that they have some members there that can't seem to get over a fictional love triangle, or that some of their reasons to hate Tifa, and to love Cloud/Aerith is beyond laughable - but why must we drop to their level? To be posing as a Clerith fan (just to gain access in the Cetra forums), makes me feel as though these people can't get over the fact that certain Clerrii's won't become any better. And quite frankly, I think it's immature. Why would you go to a forum that's such full of hate? No thanks. I'd rather be enjoying my pairing instead of fuming at crappy posts and targeting at certain members at that forum.

Really, the name calling is just immature.

Anyways, so about Cloud's penis. Where does it belong?
Inside Tifa.

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
There is nothing personal on the internet. :P Taking the internet seriously is like taking billboard ads as facts. Completely irresponsible and illogical...

But onto the LTD...

Or what's left of it.

Anyone..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom