XBoxOne

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It's kay. Again, I don't think any good will come out of this used-game system now that it seems it looks like a way for Microsoft to get more money rather than focus on helping publishers (and their devs), so I'm not necessarily disagreeing or anything.

If the prices weren't so fixed on the 10% discount deal, it'd probably be better. Chances are that they'll drop parts of this system once they realise that people aren't buying into it.

Lex

Administrator
I was just discussing this on Skype with someone - I think they've already lost a lot of fans through this. Even if they decided to renege on all of this bullshit they've come up with, I think the damage is done at this point. Some of them are salvageable, maybe.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
A lot of people do buy these things after price drops, though. Launch sales may be significant but in terms of a console's life cycle it does really only consist of a fraction of its popularity - the more hardcore fanbase. :monster:

For example, the 360 Slim in Australia - Australia! - I've found can be purchased for new (alongside a copy of Alan Wake) for about 130 dollars. I might be getting my own towards the end of the year, even. I wasn't initially planning on it, but the prices are already dropping faster than they were before here and it'll make it an even better purchase. :3

Lex

Administrator
The used market here is huge. We can get used games for like £2 - £10 on average. That's why I'm quite confident this whole idea of theirs is going to fail miserably in the UK. That and the american-centric TV thing.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
What are you talking about.

There's nothing I love more than inviting my friends round for a few beers here in London to watch some good ol' fashion NFL!

It should be called handegg

Lex

Administrator
^That might be the best description of it ever. All this time I've been going with pussy rugby.

Farron

If the sky comes falling down
AKA
Hallelujah
Why have you guys made a thread for the first X-Box ? Feeling nostalgic much ???

Oh....

....... Oh.........oh...

I have no words

TV, TV, TV, SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS, TV, TV, DOG, TV, SPORTS, TV !

" The XBox is now a water-cooler " ! Yes. Yes it is.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Tbf I would sit with a couple of friends and beers to watch the NFL but I don't need an Xbox One for that.

Microsoft's motto with the Xbox One:

tumblr_mncqyvlkji1qguk92o2_500.jpg

laurence

Pro Adventurer
Blog post From Larry Hyrb from the xbox team

Over the past few days, we have been reading comments and message boards following the Xbox One announcement. There are a few questions regarding used games. I wanted to clarify and provide this official statement:

The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future.

I really didn't see no point to posting this but to reveal the rubbish MS bloggers are putting out.

Jiro

Average Jiro
The name is stupid.

I don't watch TV. Netflix doesn't exist in Australia. NFL only airs on Foxtel and requires Foxtel to be active, not a console.

I rarely buy new games. I rent, frequently, before buying, or borrow games from a friend. Bargains and sales - especially on used games - are my friend.

I don't fucking care about CoD or the dog.

Result: Xbox One has done zero to captivate me.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
This is not to my interest. I'll get PS4.

:starkgtfo:

Bye bye Xbox. You weren't The One. Not even as a 360.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
On another note, Microsoft seems to be doing a better job selling Wii Us than Nintendo ever did. :monster:

Xbox One's Poor Reception Blasts Wii U Sales by 220%

Also:

Several viewers sporting 360s with connected Kinects discovered the device was responding to commands being spoken by Microsoft representatives during the live stream. Responses to the commands varied from the video being paused to the console itself being shut down. While some users found the unexpected error to be amusing, others were annoyed. "When the guy on the #XboxReveal stream said "Xbox Live" it activated my Kinect and killed the stream," Tweeted viewer Jason Chen. "Good thinking guys."
Read more at The Escapist : News : Kinect Causes Trouble for Viewers During Xbox One Reveal

Jiro

Average Jiro
It's hilarious too, because those are the people who the Xbox One appeal to: the ones who are already using it as a multimedia entertainment platform. Way to piss off the true target audience.

Also I enjoyed watching Sony stocks soar during and after the reveal.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I think the best thing to come out of the past few days is the favoured name for the new console by the internet.

The Xbone

Not only is it hilarious but it is also accurate. Microsoft have now topped Nintendo's attempt with the Wii to make a console that can relate back to a penis.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I think the best thing to come out of the past few days is the favoured name for the new console by the internet.

The Xbone

Not only is it hilarious but it is also accurate. Microsoft have now topped Nintendo's attempt with the Wii to make a console that can relate back to a penis.

Ahh ill forever miss the days of the Wiinis

laurence

Pro Adventurer
It's hilarious too, because those are the people who the Xbox One appeal to: the ones who are already using it as a multimedia entertainment platform. Way to piss off the true target audience.

Also I enjoyed watching Sony stocks soar during and after the reveal.
On the games issue: I hope that MS biggest problem here was the reveal. They're definitely saving games for E3 which is a few weeks away.

After all, didn't they say they were developing more games than ever for the new console, more so than the 360? Plus 15 exclusives (whether that be big franchises or not is another debate).

Top Bottom