• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

The Love Triangle Debate thread of KNEEL BEFORE ZOD OR SUFFER HIS WRATH (ignore the opening posts at your peril) (Round 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Couldn't have said it better myself. Tifa's date was cute and all but significance to plot doesn't really exist. Plus, Aerith's death was just around the corner so getting her date just seems so fitting. It adds to her character, players get attached and we're led to believe that her and Cloud definitely have a future together. And then she dies. It just makes it all the more tragic and fuels the fight against Sephiroth.

At least, that's how I see it. :P

All of which is true, but all of that is a NARRATIVE argument, not 'it's default therefor it's important.'

Sadly, that's why this new thread was made.

Then maybe we need to look at why eggshells need to be walked on.

I think it should be okay to talk about arguments you've seen elsewhere as long as you don't name names personally. Like instead of "Oh the people on CxA say this." say "I've seen some argue that..."

Not naming names is one of the most infuriating bullshit things you can do, IMO. I would much rather tar a specific person with a true statement than imply a large potion of people with the same statement only vague.

I mean would that work? If people want to breath life back into this thread that's the only way it's going to happen

No, it's not.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Then maybe we need to look at why eggshells need to be walked on.
Well you're the mod so that's your job.

No, it's not.
What else would you suggest? Aside from a few front pagers no one else comes to this thread to debate anymore. I think everyone has long past lost interest.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Maybe this talk should move to staff misconduct thread (not sure where else it should go).

ClerithRaven

DIE-HARD CLERITH
AKA
Ren, ClerithRaven, Lunafresca's Raven
Wow :)

I am resurrecting this topic since someone wishes to have this argument and our front page is not the place for it.
From here

Why, thank you! :awesome::lol:
As I've said, will you really turn this into a debate? :)

But default doesn't mean canon. Nor does player choice. Only what is canon is canon.

Did I say that it's canon? I merely asked. Don't put words in my post that were not there, if you could please. :)

Why would Cloud's affection have anything to do with Barret?

They're friends aren't they? And I just said, "Forgive me for thinking that Cloud's affection was taken into account," since he was the one involved in all the dates. :lol:

I'm not 'closing that off.' The page contains the full dialogue of the high highwind scene. Other pages and other books confirm that feelings are shared that night. Dismantled says nothing is shared during the low version of the scene.

Then we're at an agreement. They confirmed sharing with the high affection version, nothing with the low affection version. Share what exactly though, is another question. Did Tifa say anything to imply she was talking about loving Cloud?

Yes, because Cloud pauses. Ellipses denote a pause.

Why did he pause? There are other meanings to an ellipse, ain't there?

It does not show a reference to the low affection version. You keep asserting this. Please actually provide evidence.

The page number on the photo. Where does that page lead to?

And Cloud can't hurt her emotionally by accident? He can't do it by being increasingly emotionally distant as he works out his own issues? It must somehow relate to him loving a dead woman romantically?

Haha! I loved it how you go and put the 'dead woman' and 'romantically' there at the end. :P
Well, why the need to be so distant? If they were romantically involved after confirming their feelings and all the sharing, wouldn't it be easier to share that small piece of emotion called depression or the guilt? He shared it(wanting to be forgiven) easily with Aerith, the dead woman, as seen in AC/ACC.

He said Namine and Kairi were totally unconnected regarding KH2. And Nojima said it in an interview about the OTWTAS novellas.

Wow, what a liar then. Better not trust his statements because he lies all the time.
Ooooh, really? I'd look for it then. :)

Good. After nearly five years of bullshit, I'm sick of arguing about that word.

:lol:

But she wasn't why it was his promised land. Cloud's family gets the first focus, then his living friends, then Zack and Aerith get a mention in the second paragraph, which talks about them going back where they belong, the lifestream.

I wasn't saying anything. I just said that he was able to meet her in his Promised Land, although Tifa couldn't (too bad though). Well, it wasn't till towards the end that Cloud notices Zack and Aerith were there. So, of course the live ones will get focus first. He didn't think he would actually see them from the get go. :p

Zack, Aerith, Denzel, Tifa, everyone he thinks he's failed to protect. And Cloud has turned Aerith into the symbol of all his failures, so yes, she needs to be the one to symbolically forgive him for everyone so he can go back to being happy with his family.

Why the need to single out Aerith? Does it mean she had the biggest impact on him?

Barret lived at the house for an entire week. He might have slept in what is used as Cloud's office. Marlene probably does include Barret in that family. Cloud, Tifa, Denzel, Barret, and the creators, do not include him in the 7th heaven 'family of three' and family of four'
In fact, that 'promised land' quote you just referenced has Cloud NOT INCLUDE BARRET when listing the members of his family.

:huh:
So, where does Cloud sleep? He has a room besides his office? Wow, I thought his office was his room. Oh well. So Marlene does belong to two families. :)
Oh, really? He listed the members of his family? Wow, how could I miss that one? Do you have it here?

No, Denzel mostly speaks with Cloud. There's a difference. CoT does not that Cloud was acting more sociable with everyone, and the silly conversatons he and Tifa used to have were happening again. IOW, he was enjoying himself again. IOW, as we are told elsewhere, he was happy there.

Uhm, still, my post says that Cloud initially connected Denzel with Aerith. Yeah, maybe he did. Being with kids is fun, especially if you have the love of your life there, ain't it? :whistle: Elsewhere being where exactly? :)

Because you have and insist on calling it a music video, which it's not.

Err... I never see him coming back in my copies. Does anyone have it on YT? I didn't really see it. :huh:

Yuffie gave him the sign. Cloud acted on it. And no, someone doesn't need to be watching the convo from afar. Anymore than they had to be when we only heard Kadaj's half of the conversation at the start of the movie.

Okay, if you say so. :)

Good. Some people from the CxA forums would insist Cloud was just another child or a rebellious teenager as far as his role went. Good to see you aren't among their number.

Don't drag the people from the forum here. :)) And, I do consider him one. I acted that way, so I could relate. :lol: But, he did act like a father towards the kids at the end of AC/ACC, so there you have it.

Again, very little effective difference.

Whatever floats your boat. :whistle:

Btw, were you the one who posted in "Aerith or Tifa" thread? 'Mordancy Sarcasm Theater 4000'?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
It's not that I don't agree, you're right, but even when we didn't have strict rules, if I or anyone else brought up anything remotely LTD related, it was treated as if it were taboo or something. And that was like two threads ago. And considering what happened when Ryu started this thread, I'd say more people are sick of it.

ClerithRaven

DIE-HARD CLERITH
AKA
Oookkkaaaay. So this is where Ryu replied. :)) I gave my reply, but sadly, i don't see it here. Must not have been posted. Oh well.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
It had been moved into 'awaiting moderator approval.' I did not realize this immediately, since I saw it anyways. I approved it this morning. Future messages from you should be visible automatically.

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
Oookkkaaaay. So this is where Ryu replied. :)) I gave my reply, but sadly, i don't see it here. Must not have been posted. Oh well.

Your reply is on page 7. I remember reading it.

@ Ryu. Que and I chat and hang out on the CxA forums, so insulting people there, is affecting people who speak in this forum here too, because we are members there as well.

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
Can we just not bring up other forums here in general? It just stirs up more bad blood anyways and fuels this incessant need to 'hate' people based on their shipping preference.

Let the LTD thread be about the love triangle and not it's fans. :T

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Then we're at an agreement. They confirmed sharing with the high affection version, nothing with the low affection version. Share what exactly though, is another question. Did Tifa say anything to imply she was talking about loving Cloud?
idk when my friends are like 'gosh, it's good to see you! I just feel so speechless having seen you again!' I generally don't respond 'words aren't the only way to say something'. Well, unless it's Tiff, of course. :awesome:

But seriously, as a result of the mutual feelings shared, Crisis Core's guide says that they end up living together. Friendship didn't need to be confirmed as Cloud already views Tifa as a friend. This implies something more may have been confirmed.

Ellipses can imply speechlessness, surprise, any number of things. Considering Tifa later says that 'words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel', I think this would imply Cloud having trouble finding the words to say to Tifa.

Well, why the need to be so distant? If they were romantically involved after confirming their feelings and all the sharing, wouldn't it be easier to share that small piece of emotion called depression or the guilt? He shared it(wanting to be forgiven) easily with Aerith, the dead woman, as seen in AC/ACC.
Because he didn't feel worthy of being with anyone. He loved his family and he was happy with them, but he just up and left them because of him getting sick. He felt like he couldn't help anyone, least of all himself. It's hard to tell people that you want to be forgiven, especially when it's not the person you want to be forgiven by.

Why the need to single out Aerith? Does it mean she had the biggest impact on him?
Well, considering he wasn't a vegetable when she died and she had actually died in comparison with Tifa and Denzel, yeah, of course she would have had a huge impact on him.

Uhm, still, my post says that Cloud initially connected Denzel with Aerith. Yeah, maybe he did. Being with kids is fun, especially if you have the love of your life there, ain't it? :whistle: Elsewhere being where exactly? :)
But later, Tifa says that Aerith brought Denzel to the both of them, and Cloud smiles. You'd think that if he was entirely certain Aerith only meant to bring Denzel to him, he'd have a perplexed look on his face, not a smile.

Oh, really? He listed the members of his family? Wow, how could I miss that one? Do you have it here?
I thought I remembered it in AC/C but then I remembered that Denzel was the one who specifically mentioned his family in his Case of.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Why, thank you! :awesome::lol:
As I've said, will you really turn this into a debate? :)

As I said before, a good discussion and a debate are alike in all the ways that matter to me.

Did I say that it's canon? I merely asked. Don't put words in my post that were not there, if you could please. :)

I didn't say you did. My point is that bringing up the default is pretty much completely irrelevant, as the default is not the intended. You can certainly argue that it is canon, I just want to stress that the 'it's default' line of discussion is in itself rather meaningless

They're friends aren't they? And I just said, "Forgive me for thinking that Cloud's affection was taken into account," since he was the one involved in all the dates. :lol:

But he's also involved in Barret's date and Yuffie's date, two people he does not have any particular romantic affection for. The value for the AV is raised and lowered by some entirely arbitrary things, as well.

"Words aren't the only way," as a risque line, the U20 page itself, them talking about their hearts calling out to each other, etc.

Omitted speech, but that's in the case of citations. As for why he paused, well, he couldn't find the words.

The page number on the photo. Where does that page lead to?

It leads to the page detailing the High Highwind scene as one of the four most notable scenes of the original game and contains the text of the scene in its entirety.

Haha! I loved it how you go and put the 'dead woman' and 'romantically' there at the end. :P

When you get down to brass tacks, that is the crux of the matter. She's dead, and yet it is asserted he still loves her romantically, and that is why he does the things he does.

Because in his mind, she was the person with the agency to forgive. Telling his family about it would only make them worry more, in his mind, and he feels bad enough not being good enough, he doesn't need to let them know that how happy they make him feel actually makes him feel like shit because he doesn't deserve them.

Wow, what a liar then. Better not trust his statements because he lies all the time.
Ooooh, really? I'd look for it then. :)

I would not say all the time, but the man does throw out misinformation about upcoming products to keep people from guessing things. He smokescreens when working on projects.

After all the various made up definitions and rules I've seen for it, it's sort of a berserk button.

I wasn't saying anything. I just said that he was able to meet her in his Promised Land, although Tifa couldn't (too bad though).

True, but it seems to be a common argument that it is his promised land because she is there, when the primary focus of Cloud in that scene are Tifa and the kids, the ones he labels as his family.

Well, it wasn't till towards the end that Cloud notices Zack and Aerith were there. So, of course the live ones will get focus first. He didn't think he would actually see them from the get go. :p

Yes, you don't expect the dead to be talking gardening two years after they die.
My point is that the church is the promised land before his awareness of them, for reasons other than them.
Of course, that makes me wonder if Cloud could see them whenever he's in a similar state, and that's just giving me really funny and slightly creepy ideas.

Or her death did. He had given his word to protect her, and for Cloud, his word is his word. His childhood promise to Tifa is still one of the most important things to him over nine years later, he even goes so far as to apologize for being late when rescuing her in ACC.
Further, Cloud not only couldn't prevent the death, he nearly did it himself.
And yes, Aerith had a major impact on him, as she did on all of AVALANCHE. Even Cid, who knew her for three or four days.

:huh:
So, where does Cloud sleep? He has a room besides his office? Wow, I thought his office was his room. Oh well. So Marlene does belong to two families. :)

A better question than where does Cloud sleep is where does Tifa sleep? We have a four member family and three beds seen on screen. We're down at least one bedroom (and a bathroom), and it's not uncommon to have a home office do double duty as a guest bedroom.

It's the same section of the Advent Children playback that says Cloud wakes up in the promised land. Paraphrased, it says "Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel, his family were waiting/"
The full content of the section can, I believe, be found in Glenn/Ariadne/Squall of SeeD's LT FAQ.

Uhm, still, my post says that Cloud initially connected Denzel with Aerith.

I don't deny that. He says 'She brought him to me,' which suggests he thought taking care of Denzel was something he had been tasked with, which would fit with things he says about not being able to take back lost lives but being able to make a difference with the ones still alive.

Yeah, maybe he did. Being with kids is fun, especially if you have the love of your life there, ain't it? :whistle: Elsewhere being where exactly? :)

Cloud's 10th Anniversary Ultimania. "The more he realizes how happy he is living with Tifa and the children, the more the fear of losing that and regrets toward the past trouble Cloud…"

P37, I think, if you want to check. Certainly within p36-41.

Err... I never see him coming back in my copies. Does anyone have it on YT? I didn't really see it. :huh:

Reminiscence's phone calls happen during the second credits sequence. In them, Cloud says he's headed home after a couple more deliveries. QED.

Okay, if you say so. :)

Well, I do. And really, we don't. We were in Cloud's POV when we heard both sides of the call. For this one we aren't. Simple as that. We're just the floating POV.

Don't drag the people from the forum here. :))

Then don't drag unrelated Clotis in as you did on the frontpage, which was my point.

And, I do consider him one. I acted that way, so I could relate. :lol: But, he did act like a father towards the kids at the end of AC/ACC, so there you have it.

Except rebellious isn't the word for Cloud at all. Depressed is. He wants to be part of the family, he wants to be a father, but he feels like he's shit and all he touches turns to shit.

Whatever floats your boat. :whistle:

Any good discussion will be held to the same standards of evidence and discourse as a debate. It will be less formal, but no less intellectually honest or cutting.

Btw, were you the one who posted in "Aerith or Tifa" thread? 'Mordancy Sarcasm Theater 4000'?

I was. My apologies for accusing you of running away. I had not been notified of your response on the frontpage, and that is another habit I've grown quite irritated of over the years.

@ Ryu. Que and I chat and hang out on the CxA forums, so insulting people there, is affecting people who speak in this forum here too, because we are members there as well.

If you would, how is noting that an opinion is held there an insult? Would it have been better merely to leave it at a vague 'Some cleriths' reference which I find and has been found more insulting by other Cleriths in the past? You may respond elsewhere if you like, so we can keep this thread on topic.

ClerithRaven

DIE-HARD CLERITH
AKA
:)

I didn't know that it was already approved. Glad to be seeing my reply. :joy:

idk when my friends are like 'gosh, it's good to see you! I just feel so speechless having seen you again!' I generally don't respond 'words aren't the only way to say something'. Well, unless it's Tiff, of course. :awesome:

When my friends say that, I think they're empty words. Idk, they could already say that they 'missed our conversations' or something.

But seriously, as a result of the mutual feelings shared, Crisis Core's guide says that they end up living together. Friendship didn't need to be confirmed as Cloud already views Tifa as a friend. This implies something more may have been confirmed.

The confirmation we are talking about is the one stated in the HW scene, right? Ok. They could have very well confirmed feelings of regret, sorrow or guilt. It is not just about love, is it?

Ellipses can imply speechlessness, surprise, any number of things. Considering Tifa later says that 'words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel', I think this would imply Cloud having trouble finding the words to say to Tifa.

Agreed.

Because he didn't feel worthy of being with anyone. He loved his family and he was happy with them, but he just up and left them because of him getting sick. He felt like he couldn't help anyone, least of all himself. It's hard to tell people that you want to be forgiven, especially when it's not the person you want to be forgiven by.

Again, why the need for Cloud to seek forgiveness only from Aerith? And if he was really happy, then why did he feel alone? It was not until the end of AC/ACC that he realized he wasn't alone.

Well, considering he wasn't a vegetable when she died and she had actually died in comparison with Tifa and Denzel, yeah, of course she would have had a huge impact on him.

Uhm, wouldn't Cloud have felt more guilty with Zack's death? I mean, Zack did die protecting Cloud, and he was so intoxicated that he couldn't help out. Wouldn't he feel the same amount of guilt as with Aerith's death?

But later, Tifa says that Aerith brought Denzel to the both of them, and Cloud smiles. You'd think that if he was entirely certain Aerith only meant to bring Denzel to him, he'd have a perplexed look on his face, not a smile.

That's why I say initially. And he did pause before smiling. It may have been because he though about it first before agreeing in the end.

I thought I remembered it in AC/C but then I remembered that Denzel was the one who specifically mentioned his family in his Case of.

It seems Ryu was talking about the script. Well, Cloud did mention 'Tifa, Marlene and Denzel-his family', so it's like listing them. But towards the end, we see the picture frames on Cloud's desk, where the picture of the just Cloud, Tifa, Marlene and Denzel was pushed back, and the picture of the AVALANCHE team, along with flowers, at the front. Can this mean that Cloud considers them part of his family now?

ClerithRaven

DIE-HARD CLERITH
AKA
First, I think I submitted more than one reply. Sorry! I didn't know that it had to be approved. :lol:

As I said before, a good discussion and a debate are alike in all the ways that matter to me.

Oh, okay then. :)

I didn't say you did. My point is that bringing up the default is pretty much completely irrelevant, as the default is not the intended. You can certainly argue that it is canon, I just want to stress that the 'it's default' line of discussion is in itself rather meaningless

I just asked if it was the default. :) So we're now at an agreement here. Moving on...

But he's also involved in Barret's date and Yuffie's date, two people he does not have any particular romantic affection for. The value for the AV is raised and lowered by some entirely arbitrary things, as well.

But isn't it for the affection of those involved in the date to get higher, you'd have to make Cloud act nice/affectionate as well?

"Words aren't the only way," as a risque line, the U20 page itself, them talking about their hearts calling out to each other, etc.

I thought it was in 10th Anniv Ultimania? Oh well. It was also said it was suggestive. Meaning that her line suggested a risque meaning.

Omitted speech, but that's in the case of citations. As for why he paused, well, he couldn't find the words.

Well, he was not the type to say much either. So, yeah.

It leads to the page detailing the High Highwind scene as one of the four most notable scenes of the original game and contains the text of the scene in its entirety.

It doesn't say anything about the Low Affection version then? Hmm... Funny thing, I thought it had said that there was a deviation to the Highwind Scene on page 232.

When you get down to brass tacks, that is the crux of the matter. She's dead, and yet it is asserted he still loves her romantically, and that is why he does the things he does.

Loving someone does not end in death. And the theme of FFVII is about life and death, and how there is still a connection even after in death.

Because in his mind, she was the person with the agency to forgive. Telling his family about it would only make them worry more, in his mind, and he feels bad enough not being good enough, he doesn't need to let them know that how happy they make him feel actually makes him feel like shit because he doesn't deserve them.

He could have told Tifa, since they had mutual feelings for each other. Not telling Tifa only added to her insecurity, did it not? In a way, that is worse than not letting her know what's eating him from the inside.
I do find it interesting that he told Aerith, and not anyone else who surrounded him.
If he were really happy, why feel alone? He only realized he wasn't alone towards the end of AC/ACC.

I would not say all the time, but the man does throw out misinformation about upcoming products to keep people from guessing things. He smokescreens when working on projects.

So, we can still consider his statements to be true unless proven otherwise. Glad you cleared that up. :p

After all the various made up definitions and rules I've seen for it, it's sort of a berserk button.

I don't really get what you mean. But, I like that icon a lot.

True, but it seems to be a common argument that it is his promised land because she is there, when the primary focus of Cloud in that scene are Tifa and the kids, the ones he labels as his family.

He didn't know that his family were there before he woke up. In the script, he described the Church as his promised land before he sees all those people there with him. And I do wonder when he thought of the Church as his promised land, if it was before Aerith talked to him, I guess him living there must mean something, If it was after, still, the Church was related to Aerith.

Yes, you don't expect the dead to be talking gardening two years after they die.
My point is that the church is the promised land before his awareness of them, for reasons other than them.
Of course, that makes me wonder if Cloud could see them whenever he's in a similar state, and that's just giving me really funny and slightly creepy ideas.

The Church was his promised land before he was aware of anyone in the Church.
Hmm. You got me wondering too. Though I don't see my ideas as creepy. :whistle:

Or her death did. He had given his word to protect her, and for Cloud, his word is his word. His childhood promise to Tifa is still one of the most important things to him over nine years later, he even goes so far as to apologize for being late when rescuing her in ACC.
Further, Cloud not only couldn't prevent the death, he nearly did it himself.
And yes, Aerith had a major impact on him, as she did on all of AVALANCHE. Even Cid, who knew her for three or four days.

I did mean her death. Sorry, wasn't clear on that. What scene are we talking about in the apology?
Yes, he nearly did it himself. Which brings the question, why did Sephiroth wait for Cloud and made him do it? Given that it was only Cloud who was there, it was Cloud who asked the others to let him go alone.

A better question than where does Cloud sleep is where does Tifa sleep? We have a four member family and three beds seen on screen. We're down at least one bedroom (and a bathroom), and it's not uncommon to have a home office do double duty as a guest bedroom.

In CoT, she has her own bedroom where Marlene had slept with her before Denzel came in right? Barret had his room there. And so did Cloud. Barret left to work far away. Cloud then started his delivery service. Denzel came in. We can say that Marlene and Denzel moved into another room, maybe Barret's. Tifa kept hers. Cloud made his room into an office, or maybe there was another room he had made into his office. Nice lay-out. :))

It's the same section of the Advent Children playback that says Cloud wakes up in the promised land. Paraphrased, it says "Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel, his family were waiting/"
The full content of the section can, I believe, be found in Glenn/Ariadne/Squall of SeeD's LT FAQ.

Yep, I saw that. But towards the end, we see the picure of the whole AVALANCHE team, and the flowers, in front of the picture of the family of only four. Can we say that it may be because Cloud now considers the others as also part of the family?

I don't deny that. He says 'She brought him to me,' which suggests he thought taking care of Denzel was something he had been tasked with, which would fit with things he says about not being able to take back lost lives but being able to make a difference with the ones still alive.

Then it would seem like he thought of Denzel as a chance given by Aerith for him to make that difference.

Cloud's 10th Anniversary Ultimania. "The more he realizes how happy he is living with Tifa and the children, the more the fear of losing that and regrets toward the past trouble Cloud…"

P37, I think, if you want to check. Certainly within p36-41.

Oh, that one.

Reminiscence's phone calls happen during the second credits sequence. In them, Cloud says he's headed home after a couple more deliveries. QED.

I really didn't see that. Boohoo. :( I wish I could.

Well, I do. And really, we don't. We were in Cloud's POV when we heard both sides of the call. For this one we aren't. Simple as that. We're just the floating POV.

Yeah, I thought we agreed on that already.

Then don't drag unrelated Clotis in as you did on the frontpage, which was my point.

Uhm, let me check on that one....
Hmm..
Where did I drag unrelated CloTi's there? I don't really remember.

Except rebellious isn't the word for Cloud at all. Depressed is. He wants to be part of the family, he wants to be a father, but he feels like he's shit and all he touches turns to shit.

Oh man. I'm not touching this topic anymore. We have different opinions on how he acts anyway. We'd continuously babble back and forth. :catfight:

Any good discussion will be held to the same standards of evidence and discourse as a debate. It will be less formal, but no less intellectually honest or cutting.

Roger that. :salute:

I was. My apologies for accusing you of running away. I had not been notified of your response on the frontpage, and that is another habit I've grown quite irritated of over the years.

Yeah. That offended me, thank you very much. Oh well. It's a small matter now anyways. I do stay away when the debate gets ugly. And I leave without a word. Fair warning, so that if I don't post anymore, the meaning will be clear. :D

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Just FYI, you should edit your posts instead of submitting several in a row :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
For your convenience in the future, please note the multiquote button just to the right of the quote button. This will allow you to quote multiple replies at once, allowing you to respond to all of them with a single reply.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
If you would, how is noting that an opinion is held there an insult? Would it have been better merely to leave it at a vague 'Some cleriths' reference which I find and has been found more insulting by other Cleriths in the past? You may respond elsewhere if you like, so we can keep this thread on topic.

Good. Some people from the CxA forums would insist Cloud was just another child or a rebellious teenager as far as his role went. Good to see you aren't among their number.

By saying it's "good' she isn't among the number of people who say Cloud is a rebellious teenager, it implies that you think that that belief held by those people you just mentioned is ludicrous in some shape or form. It would be as if I said to Anastar, "Good you don't believe that Aerith still loves Zack like that Ryushikaze guy." Isn't that kind of offensive toward you? I already know you're going to say, "No" but... well it is, it's meant to say your belief is stupid. I mean come on, am I just crazy here? Is this that hard to follow?

Last edited:

Marle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ava, Spike Spiegel, Stella Nox Fleuret, Altair Ibn-La'Ahad, Princess Zelda, Alice, Raven Roth, Faye Valentine, Tifa Lockhart, Khal Drogo
How about...we just don't talk about CxA? Yes? Yes? :D

It's causing unnecessary drama and there's an actual debate happening here if it was being paid attention to. :\

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
He could have told Tifa, since they had mutual feelings for each other. Not telling Tifa only added to her insecurity, did it not? In a way, that is worse than not letting her know what's eating him from the inside.
I do find it interesting that he told Aerith, and not anyone else who surrounded him.

Told her? Told her what?

"Hey, this may come as shocking news to you, but I feel bad about causing Aerith's death."

Now for starters, unlike Aerith Tifa was there when Cloud woke up after he passed out after redecorating Aerith's face at the Temple of the Ancients and unlike was there with him every step of the way afterwards.. And secondly, Cloud doesn't talk to Aerith until Tifa goes

Tifa: "Which is it, a memory or us?"

That tells me that Tifa didn't need to be told what Cloud was thinking about. And considering Cloud found Tifa lying next to his blanket in the church where he had been living, I am confused as to what Cloud failed to share with Tifa that Cloud can't be assumed to know that she is already aware off.

If he were really happy, why feel alone? He only realized he wasn't alone towards the end of AC/ACC.

Okay for starters I'm gonna need a clear quote that explain that Cloud felt alone every waking moment until the end of AC/ACC.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
When my friends say that, I think they're empty words. Idk, they could already say that they 'missed our conversations' or something.

But it would be incredibly awkward for them to say 'Words aren't the only way etc.' to you, no? Or you to them?

The confirmation we are talking about is the one stated in the HW scene, right? Ok. They could have very well confirmed feelings of regret, sorrow or guilt. It is not just about love, is it?

But we are told that they confirm these feelings on the page discussing admissions of romantic love.

Again, why the need for Cloud to seek forgiveness only from Aerith? And if he was really happy, then why did he feel alone? It was not until the end of AC/ACC that he realized he wasn't alone.

Cloud felt alone because he made himself alone. He withdrew, he kept people at a distance, not because he wanted to, but because he felt he needed to.

Uhm, wouldn't Cloud have felt more guilty with Zack's death? I mean, Zack did die protecting Cloud, and he was so intoxicated that he couldn't help out. Wouldn't he feel the same amount of guilt as with Aerith's death?

Zack died fighting an entire army and he could do nothing.
Aerith died to a single man- granted, Sephiroth, but Cloud had defeated him before- and nearly killer her himself after promising to protect her. There's several extra layers of perceived failure there.

That's why I say initially. And he did pause before smiling. It may have been because he though about it first before agreeing in the end.

Cloud had thought that Denzel was brought to him because he was the one needing to atone. Tifa telling him he wasn't brought only to him made him happy, since he's not in this alone. Of course, this happiness only makes that guilt worse, so he goes to find the cure, gets the disease, and freaks out.

It seems Ryu was talking about the script. Well, Cloud did mention 'Tifa, Marlene and Denzel-his family', so it's like listing them. But towards the end, we see the picture frames on Cloud's desk, where the picture of the just Cloud, Tifa, Marlene and Denzel was pushed back, and the picture of the AVALANCHE team, along with flowers, at the front. Can this mean that Cloud considers them part of his family now?

10th Ani Ulti, not script.
Also, it's not been pushed back, it's largely in the same place, with the Avalanche picture to the side.
And technically, we COULD read it that Cloud considers them his family, but this is nowhere near as well supported textually. They certainly aren't part of the 7th heaven family unit.

First, I think I submitted more than one reply. Sorry! I didn't know that it had to be approved. :lol:

It's inconsistent about which posts it flags and which ones it doesn't, honestly.

I just asked if it was the default. :) So we're now at an agreement here. Moving on...

I just wanted to stress that the argument that something is default is basically meaningless. I've been agreeing that it's 'default' for awhile.

But isn't it for the affection of those involved in the date to get higher, you'd have to make Cloud act nice/affectionate as well?

Nope. Best way to get Yuffie's points up is to repeatedly ignore, insult, and mock her in the post recruitment battle dialogue and then fail to get her at the very end. Gets you like +8 at a pop.
Giving Marlene a flower gets you +5 to Barret. Lots of random things affect the AVs of the four folks.
Tifa likes you more if you worry about Aerith in Corneo's mansion, and less if you worry about her.

I thought it was in 10th Anniv Ultimania? Oh well. It was also said it was suggestive. Meaning that her line suggested a risque meaning.

I was actually rapid fire referencing several things there. The interview in which Nojima calls 'words aren't the only way' risque is in the U10, yes. I was also referencing the U20 page about romantic love, and the fact that Cloud and Tifa discuss how their hearts called out to each other in the lifestream (Or technically how Tifa tells Cloud about how she called out to him and thought she heard him calling back and he quitely confirms he did hear her heart.)

Well, he was not the type to say much either. So, yeah.

No, I mean just before that, he says he can't find the words to say what he feels. It's what prompts 'words aren't the only way.'

It doesn't say anything about the Low Affection version then? Hmm... Funny thing, I thought it had said that there was a deviation to the Highwind Scene on page 232.

I believe it mentions it somewhere else, but IIRC, it doesn't mention it on the notable scenes page. If it does, it's very briefly. It's pretty much a transcription of the dialogue.

Loving someone does not end in death. And the theme of FFVII is about life and death, and how there is still a connection even after in death.

Not denying any of that. However, one does have to love someone while they are alive to still love them in death, and there are certainly far more parsimonious explanations for for many of Cloud's actions than those that predicate themselves on a continued romantic longing for the deceased.

I'm not saying Cloud did the right thing. I'm saying Cloud did what he thought was the right thing.

He told the suspected agency of his absolution he desired absolution. Telling anyone else would would be fruitless and cause them undo worry.
Now, I disagree with him- I think talking about it in more detail rather than keeping it as his own problem would have done him and everyone a world of good, I'm just trying to report his mindset as best I understand it.

It's because he's happy that he feels guilty- he doesn't feel he deserves it. So instead of 'feeling' alone, he makes himself alone. His realizing that he's not alone at the end of AC/C- when Zack and Aerith have already left, incidentally- is that he doesn't have to shoulder his burdens on his own, that he can ask for help, and get it, and rely on them, etc. etc. etc.
Cloud never wanted to be alone, he just felt he HAD to be.

So, we can still consider his statements to be true unless proven otherwise. Glad you cleared that up. :p

And his statement in 2002 about 'having no clue' has been proven otherwise. Especially by Nojima, who's a lot more forthright in his statements. Basically, his words post release mean more than his words pre-release. He actually says things post-release, and he says a whole lot of nothing designed to drum up interest pre-release.

I don't really get what you mean. But, I like that icon a lot.

I'd explain, but I'd have to violate the current rules sixteen ways to sunday to do it. In short, people really didn't like the idea that Koibito meant lover/beloved and kept inventing new meanings and excuses right up until COLW last year. In spite of, y'know, dictionaries. It still happens from time to time. It is infuriating.

He didn't know that his family were there before he woke up. In the script, he described the Church as his promised land before he sees all those people there with him. And I do wonder when he thought of the Church as his promised land, if it was before Aerith talked to him, I guess him living there must mean something, If it was after, still, the Church was related to Aerith.

But the church was only his promised land once he had gotten over his hangups. One's promised land is a transitory thing. Almost by definition. It's wherever you are most happy. For Cloud, it would seem it's surrounded by friends and family without his worries weighing him down.
For the Cetra, it was the lifestream.
For Yuffie, it's Scrooge McDuck's tower. But only when the money's in it.

The Church was his promised land before he was aware of anyone in the Church.
Hmm. You got me wondering too. Though I don't see my ideas as creepy. :whistle:

The church was his promised land once his guiltwolf vanished. It's more about the when than the where.

I did mean her death. Sorry, wasn't clear on that. What scene are we talking about in the apology?

When he drives in, throws the sword at the creepers, kills the building, and snatches Tifa from the falling debris onto the back of the bike. He apologizes for being late, just like he did about the Nibelheim incident.

Yes, he nearly did it himself. Which brings the question, why did Sephiroth wait for Cloud and made him do it? Given that it was only Cloud who was there, it was Cloud who asked the others to let him go alone.

To prove to Cloud that he could play him like a puppet and his actions are entirely meaningless. It's only by the last minute intervention of his shouting friends that Cloud manages to snap out of his wiggy state, and then Sephiroth does it anyways. Likewise, later, he tricks the person you have hold the Black Materia to bring it to Cloud rather than take it himself just so he can dominate Cloud's mind again and make him do it.

In CoT, she has her own bedroom where Marlene had slept with her before Denzel came in right?

Actually, we can't say that. Literally, all we know of the 7th heaven upstairs is that there were beds enough for everyone, that the kid's room currently has two, Cloud's office has one, and there are more rooms down the hall.
For all we know, Marlene slept with her in a large bed Tifa slept in with Cloud. Or they're doing the I love Lucy two beds one room thing.

Barret had his room there. And so did Cloud. Barret left to work far away. Cloud then started his delivery service. Denzel came in. We can say that Marlene and Denzel moved into another room, maybe Barret's. Tifa kept hers. Cloud made his room into an office, or maybe there was another room he had made into his office. Nice lay-out. :))

All possible, but still all assumption. Which is the problem. For all we know, Cloud took Barret's old room and turned it into his office, same as my father took my old bedroom and turned it into his at my parent's house.
And that room still has a queen sized bed in it, not the ratty cot in the 7th heaven office.

Yep, I saw that. But towards the end, we see the picure of the whole AVALANCHE team, and the flowers, in front of the picture of the family of only four. Can we say that it may be because Cloud now considers the others as also part of the family?

As I said above, we could. But it's not textually supported.

Then it would seem like he thought of Denzel as a chance given by Aerith for him to make that difference.

Yes. He thought Denzel was his way of making up for his past failings. And then he began failing Denzel when the stigma started getting worse and he couldn't find a cure.

Oh, that one.

Yep. In glorious black and white. Or whitish and green. Or white and Navy. In plain text, anyways.

I really didn't see that. Boohoo. :( I wish I could.

I'm pretty sure it's on the AC/C bluray.

Yeah, I thought we agreed on that already.

We did. I just wanted to reiterate. I forgot to throw in a floating head joke, though.
Which means my plans for a series of obscure Max Headroom references are now wasted. Wasted I tell you.

Uhm, let me check on that one....
Hmm..
Where did I drag unrelated CloTi's there? I don't really remember.

The 'you may hold' bit where I asked who it was so I could smack them.

Oh man. I'm not touching this topic anymore. We have different opinions on how he acts anyway. We'd continuously babble back and forth. :catfight:

But that's fun.

Yeah. That offended me, thank you very much. Oh well. It's a small matter now anyways. I do stay away when the debate gets ugly. And I leave without a word. Fair warning, so that if I don't post anymore, the meaning will be clear. :D

I'd rather you gave us one final send off, if you do decide to go.

By saying it's "good' she isn't among the number of people who say Cloud is a rebellious teenager, it implies that you think that that belief held by those people you just mentioned is ludicrous in some shape or form.

No, it means I don't want to discuss that and it's good she's not bringing it to the table.

It would be as if I said to Anastar, "Good you don't believe that Aerith still loves Zack like that Ryushikaze guy." Isn't that kind of offensive toward you? I already know you're going to say, "No" but... well it is, it's meant to say your belief is stupid. I mean come on, am I just crazy here? Is this that hard to follow?

There's a difference between believing something, and asserting it and insisting it in an argument. If someone believes in, say, the existence of Thor, there's still a difference between believing it, bringing it into an argument where it complicates matters, and also further difference between attempting to establish it and taking it for granted.
If you believe something is true, fine. Start proving it. Don't insist it is.

ClerithRaven

DIE-HARD CLERITH
AKA
Just FYI, you should edit your posts instead of submitting several in a row :monster:

Will do.

For your convenience in the future, please note the multiquote button just to the right of the quote button. This will allow you to quote multiple replies at once, allowing you to respond to all of them with a single reply.

I didn't reply with one post because it will only confuse me. And it prevents those to whom I'm replying to to mix up my argument with one to that of the other.

But, oh well. Might as well do it. :p

Told her? Told her what?

"Hey, this may come as shocking news to you, but I feel bad about causing Aerith's death."

Now for starters, unlike Aerith Tifa was there when Cloud woke up after he passed out after redecorating Aerith's face at the Temple of the Ancients and unlike was there with him every step of the way afterwards.. And secondly, Cloud doesn't talk to Aerith until Tifa goes

Tifa: "Which is it, a memory or us?"

That tells me that Tifa didn't need to be told what Cloud was thinking about. And considering Cloud found Tifa lying next to his blanket in the church where he had been living, I am confused as to what Cloud failed to share with Tifa that Cloud can't be assumed to know that she is already aware off.

First off, we were pertaining to CoT, I believe. And yes, he could have told her that or that 'he needed to find forgiveness'. Tifa is left guessing what Cloud wants to do, a little info might have helped her calm her senses.

Tifa's line shows that she knows how Aerith's death, and probably Zack's as well, is affecting Cloud. So yes, it shows that she has a clue to what Cloud was thinking about. But she didn't know what Cloud exactly wanted from Aerith-her forgiveness.
I don't really know what you were pertaining to when you said that Cloud found Tifa lying next to his blanket. Where was that? AC/ACC? Didn't Cloud find Tifa in Aerith's flowerbed?

Okay for starters I'm gonna need a clear quote that explain that Cloud felt alone every waking moment until the end of AC/ACC.

It was my opinion of his line at the end of AC/ACC, which happens after CoT. His line saying, "I know... I'm not alone... Not anymore."
This somehow implies that he has felt alone before or in the events of AC/ACC.

Ryu, I'm not replying to you regarding your reply to what I posted for Feferi, please understand. I believe Feferi would be able to defend his/her argument well. You may both have different replies to what I have said, and it would be very annoying if I had to repeat myself to two people. Thank you. Btw, sorry for the mix-up with the script and the 10th Ani Ulti.

It's inconsistent about which posts it flags and which ones it doesn't, honestly.

Which means? I'm not really familiar with those terms. Anyway, I tried submitting two replies I think to the same post, the other being marked as Spam I guess.

I just wanted to stress that the argument that something is default is basically meaningless. I've been agreeing that it's 'default' for awhile.

I wasn't using it for argument and I didn't plan on doing so. As I've said in my very first comment on your article, I was merely asking for info.

Nope. Best way to get Yuffie's points up is to repeatedly ignore, insult, and mock her in the post recruitment battle dialogue and then fail to get her at the very end. Gets you like +8 at a pop.
Giving Marlene a flower gets you +5 to Barret. Lots of random things affect the AVs of the four folks.
Tifa likes you more if you worry about Aerith in Corneo's mansion, and less if you worry about her.

Okay then. What a weird dating mechanism for Yuffie. :lol:

I was actually rapid fire referencing several things there. The interview in which Nojima calls 'words aren't the only way' risque is in the U10, yes. I was also referencing the U20 page about romantic love, and the fact that Cloud and Tifa discuss how their hearts called out to each other in the lifestream (Or technically how Tifa tells Cloud about how she called out to him and thought she heard him calling back and he quitely confirms he did hear her heart.)

Oh ok. I thought Cloud said that he heard Tifa calling him back in from the Lifestream? He nods afterwards, his hand to his face. Why the need to nod if you know the person you're talking to isn't facing you and you're not even looking?

No, I mean just before that, he says he can't find the words to say what he feels. It's what prompts 'words aren't the only way.'

I forgot what we were talking about here. Wasn't it the ellipses? :lol: Well, with this, I get it and I agree already.

I believe it mentions it somewhere else, but IIRC, it doesn't mention it on the notable scenes page. If it does, it's very briefly. It's pretty much a transcription of the dialogue.

I thought that the page number (232) on the photo lead to this:

Deviation - Two versions of the conversation before the final battle
Prior to the final battle, the contents of the conversation between Cloud and Tifa can change depending on the degree of Tifa's affection. If the degree of affection is high, the contents of the two's conversation will involve deep subject matter and strong feelings for each other. As well, the sight of the two seen by their companions the next morning will lead to an embarrassing scene for Tifa, and she blushes greatly. ~page 232, Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Ultimania

Oh well.

Not denying any of that. However, one does have to love someone while they are alive to still love them in death, and there are certainly far more parsimonious explanations for for many of Cloud's actions than those that predicate themselves on a continued romantic longing for the deceased.

Doesn't Cloud's lines as he held Aerith's lifeless body count as something romantic? He acted all dramatic and stuff while Sephiroth was standing there behind him when the man could've killed him.

I'm not saying Cloud did the right thing. I'm saying Cloud did what he thought was the right thing.

Which affected Tifa in a way that she felt insecure or unsure of what Cloud wanted?

He told the suspected agency of his absolution he desired absolution. Telling anyone else would would be fruitless and cause them undo worry.
Now, I disagree with him- I think talking about it in more detail rather than keeping it as his own problem would have done him and everyone a world of good, I'm just trying to report his mindset as best I understand it.

Like I said, wasn't it important for him to at least inform Tifa, his love interest? It could have helped her understand Cloud better.
Not even Tifa understands his mindset, and she's supposed to be his love interest, so I see why we're having a hard time understanding him. :lol:

It's because he's happy that he feels guilty- he doesn't feel he deserves it. So instead of 'feeling' alone, he makes himself alone. His realizing that he's not alone at the end of AC/C- when Zack and Aerith have already left, incidentally- is that he doesn't have to shoulder his burdens on his own, that he can ask for help, and get it, and rely on them, etc. etc. etc.
Cloud never wanted to be alone, he just felt he HAD to be.

I think Nojima himself stated that CoT was written on the premise that won't go well with Cloud and Tifa. Given that, I find it confusing how he could be happy with the children and Tifa, whom he has a strained relationship with, and feel alone.
And before the events of AC/ACC, Cloud wasn't aware of Aerith and Zack's presence. So at the end, when he realized that both Aerith and Zack are with him too, he also realized that they are always with him even in spirit. It doesn't mean that only his live friends could help, right?

And his statement in 2002 about 'having no clue' has been proven otherwise. Especially by Nojima, who's a lot more forthright in his statements. Basically, his words post release mean more than his words pre-release. He actually says things post-release, and he says a whole lot of nothing designed to drum up interest pre-release.

Okay then. :)

But the church was only his promised land once he had gotten over his hangups. One's promised land is a transitory thing. Almost by definition. It's wherever you are most happy. For Cloud, it would seem it's surrounded by friends and family without his worries weighing him down.
For the Cetra, it was the lifestream.
For Yuffie, it's Scrooge McDuck's tower. But only when the money's in it.

If we look at it that way, it would have been better for SE to state that the city of Edge was his promised Land, or that 7th Heaven was, since those were the where Cloud and his friends seem to gather together. We can't really say when he realized or made the Church his promised land. It was stated that the place he woke up was where his Promised Land was.

The church was his promised land once his guiltwolf vanished. It's more about the when than the where.

Well, when we look at it this way, it makes sense.
Funny how Cloud landed in the Church after the explosion, and Aerith made the calls to lead those afflicted with Geostigma there. Makes it seem that she planned where Cloud would land on. :lol: Just saying. :p

When he drives in, throws the sword at the creepers, kills the building, and snatches Tifa from the falling debris onto the back of the bike. He apologizes for being late, just like he did about the Nibelheim incident.

Oooh. That one.

To prove to Cloud that he could play him like a puppet and his actions are entirely meaningless. It's only by the last minute intervention of his shouting friends that Cloud manages to snap out of his wiggy state, and then Sephiroth does it anyways. Likewise, later, he tricks the person you have hold the Black Materia to bring it to Cloud rather than take it himself just so he can dominate Cloud's mind again and make him do it.

Well, seeing as how Sephiroth waited for Cloud to make him do it, and later on, killed Aerith in front of Cloud, taking in consideration Cloud's reaction to Aerith's death with Sephy watching it, wouldn't it seem that Sephiroth knew how much it would pain Cloud?

Actually, we can't say that. Literally, all we know of the 7th heaven upstairs is that there were beds enough for everyone, that the kid's room currently has two, Cloud's office has one, and there are more rooms down the hall.
For all we know, Marlene slept with her in a large bed Tifa slept in with Cloud. Or they're doing the I love Lucy two beds one room thing.

Well, SE sure does make it hard for people to make a concrete image of 7th Heaven. :shifty:
In Cot, Marlene was mentioned to be sleeping with Tifa, not Tifa and Cloud. And I don't remember reading something that pertains to Cloud and Tifa sleeping together in one bed to in one room.

All possible, but still all assumption. Which is the problem. For all we know, Cloud took Barret's old room and turned it into his office, same as my father took my old bedroom and turned it into his at my parent's house.
And that room still has a queen sized bed in it, not the ratty cot in the 7th heaven office.

Exactly. All assumption. All opinions. Nothing concrete is ever mentioned about 7th Heaven's lay-out. Haha.
I don't think Cloud was the type who'd chose a comfy bed anyways. I mean, I didn't see any bed in the Church where Cloud moved into after he left 7th Heaven.

As I said above, we could. But it's not textually supported.

Roger that.

Yes. He thought Denzel was his way of making up for his past failings. And then he began failing Denzel when the stigma started getting worse and he couldn't find a cure.

And how lovely was it that Aerith helped him cure Denzel?

Yep. In glorious black and white. Or whitish and green. Or white and Navy. In plain text, anyways.

LOL. :lol:

I'm pretty sure it's on the AC/C bluray.

Yeah. I just read about it.

We did. I just wanted to reiterate. I forgot to throw in a floating head joke, though.
Which means my plans for a series of obscure Max Headroom references are now wasted. Wasted I tell you.

Hahaha. Too bad. :glomp:

The 'you may hold' bit where I asked who it was so I could smack them.

Oh! This one:

Me: You may say that the novellas are irrelevant to the photo, but the confirmation you claim is quite contradictory to what follows, am i wrong?

You: Also, where have I claimed the novellas are irrelevant to the photo? I believe I claimed the text beneath each photo was technically more important than the actual photo.

Me: I just said that you ‘may’. I didn’t say that you ‘did’. Some of those who I’ve discussed with did that.

You: That is most strange and I should like to know whom I must smack upside the head.

Yeah. I guess I did. Sorry about that. :lol:

But that's fun.

:catfight: It's tiresome. :lol:

I'd rather you gave us one final send off, if you do decide to go.

As you wish. :glomp:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
First off, we were pertaining to CoT, I believe. And yes, he could have told her that or that 'he needed to find forgiveness'. Tifa is left guessing what Cloud wants to do, a little info might have helped her calm her senses.

He didn't start looking for forgiveness, that's not why he left. He didn't expect to find Aerith by staying in her church nor did he. Aerith came looking for him for other reasons, as explained in Lifestream White. He left Tifa just for that, to be away from Tifa.

Explaining it to her wouldn't calm her nerves. He had GeoStigma, the church is where Cloud went to DIE. He tried looking for a cure, he failed, he gave up, he wasn't going to make Marlene watch two people slowly turn into oily carcasses

Tifa's line shows that she knows how Aerith's death, and probably Zack's as well, is affecting Cloud. So yes, it shows that she has a clue to what Cloud was thinking about. But she didn't know what Cloud exactly wanted from Aerith-her forgiveness.
Which is between Aerith and Cloud irrevelant of how close Cloud is to either Tifa or Aerith.

I don't really know what you were pertaining to when you said that Cloud found Tifa lying next to his blanket. Where was that? AC/ACC? Didn't Cloud find Tifa in Aerith's flowerbed?
The fact that she was in the church means she knew he had been staying there.

It was my opinion of his line at the end of AC/ACC, which happens after CoT. His line saying, "I know... I'm not alone... Not anymore."
This somehow implies that he has felt alone before or in the events of AC/ACC.
I don't see that as a statement saying "I'm not alone, starting right now."

He reassures Aerith and Zack he's not alone. That doesn't mean he just realised something. He already knows. It means they realised something. After which they leave.

Which affected Tifa in a way that she felt insecure or unsure of what Cloud wanted?
Yes. This happens in relationships.

I think Nojima himself stated that CoT was written on the premise that won't go well with Cloud and Tifa. Given that, I find it confusing how he could be happy with the children and Tifa, whom he has a strained relationship with, and feel alone.
Well I took very different things from CoT and AC then you then.

Well, when we look at it this way, it makes sense.
Funny how Cloud landed in the Church after the explosion, and Aerith made the calls to lead those afflicted with Geostigma there. Makes it seem that she planned where Cloud would land on. :lol: Just saying. :p
Cloud didn't land there. That is not a plausible trajectory from the top of the Shinra Tower. He was brought back there, by Aerith.

Well, seeing as how Sephiroth waited for Cloud to make him do it, and later on, killed Aerith in front of Cloud, taking in consideration Cloud's reaction to Aerith's death with Sephy watching it, wouldn't it seem that Sephiroth knew how much it would pain Cloud?
Yeah.

In Cot, Marlene was mentioned to be sleeping with Tifa, not Tifa and Cloud. And I don't remember reading something that pertains to Cloud and Tifa sleeping together in one bed to in one room.

Exactly. All assumption. All opinions. Nothing concrete is ever mentioned about 7th Heaven's lay-out. Haha.
I don't think Cloud was the type who'd chose a comfy bed anyways. I mean, I didn't see any bed in the Church where Cloud moved into after he left 7th Heaven.
It didn’t go well. But we were together. It was because we were family. We lived in the same house and we were living by uniting our strength. Maybe there wasn’t much conversation or many smiles, but we were family, Tifa thought to herself. No, it was what she made herself think.
After making certain that Cloud was asleep, she spoke to him.
“We’ll be all right, won’t we?”
Of course, there was no answer. I only heard the sound of him sleeping. I wondered if the fact that he was sleeping here meant that he was part of the family.
“Do you love me?”
Cloud woke up, a perplexed look on his face.
“Hey, Cloud. Do you love Marlene?”
“Yeah. But sometimes I don’t know how to approach her.”
“Even though we’ve been together for some time?”
“Maybe that just isn’t enough.”
“Even we aren’t enough for you?”
Cloud didn’t answer.
“Sorry for asking some strange things.”
“Don’t apologize. It’s my problem.”
Cloud closed his eyes.
“Let’s work hard together.”
Tifa waited for his answer, though she couldn’t hear it even if she waited until the morning.
I dunno what kind of bed Cloud has, whether Tifa is with him in it, whether they sleep in the same room or not, all I know is that they sleep within talking distance of each other.

Tina Armstrong

Rockstar
AKA
Fackbito, RedGloves, Eileen Galvin, Saria, Lady Croft
Explaining it to her wouldn't calm her nerves. He had GeoStigma, the church is where Cloud went to DIE. He tried looking for a cure, he failed, he gave up, he wasn't going to make Marlene watch two people slowly turn into oily carcasses.

Didn't Cloud hang around Aerith's church BEFORE he found Denzel? BEFORE he got sick himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom