• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

What games are you currently playing?

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I'm currently on chapter 11. Kind of curious if they'll somehow work in the traditional beach episode given we're in the middle of winter. "14 characters froze to death. Now back to the story."

Ghost X

Little Towns - Basically gotta make sure you feed your people every turn, while building structures to complete goals and earn victory points, with any money you have left at the end also contributing to victory points, etc. I feel it requires strategy and understanding to properly enjoy, and probably wouldn't have a lot of replay value, but I only played it the once, so am not sure if I got the adequate level of perspective to comment.

The Grimm Masquerade - I suspect Masquerade is the franchise, and Grimm is like a skin of it, for lack of better description. Anyways, basically everyone is given a character with strengths and weaknesses, and you gotta try and prevent people from giving you 2 trait cards that are your weakness and/or hoping they don't guess who you are. If you collect 3 trait cards that match your strength, you win the round. You couldn't hide what cards you have either, so memorising your opponents actions isn't a component of the strategy. You can spend 2 matching cards to use a special power card that might give you an edge over other players, re: information, but that's it. When myself and some friends played, usually the round was finished before anyone managed to collect their strength cards, because you also have to identify who you are not upon getting 2 of the same type of trait card (as this would rule out that you're not a particular character with said weaknesses). I'm really bad at these kinds of games, because I am a bad liar, so when people speculate about who I am, I tend to give it away through giggle fits, etc :mon:. Also why I suck at poker :mon:.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Finished my time with the Nioh 2 beta this evening. I think it may have overtaken FFVII as my most anticipated game, at least at the moment. I can understand the criticism that it's just Nioh 1.5, but honestly, that sounds more appealing to me than most games. Can't wait.

Lex

Administrator
Random stuff; I got back into KSP for a bit, and done some Celeste but it's not great on PC (keyboard controls); should either get a controller or buy it again for ps4 or something.

I searched for Celeste on the board to see if we had a thread and found your post.

After trying for a good year on and off, I finally finished all of Celeste's B and C sides tonight. Probably the most challenging game I've ever played, but what a euphoric feeling to finish. 10000 deaths lmao

20191120225933_1.jpg

Hardest level is 7C IMO.

Now on to chapter 9! (Free DLC)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I have a colleague who plays it, I wonder how far he gets. He just beat my fastest time in Classic at 2:51 or thereabouts, :/.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
XCOM 2.

I'm leading humanity to catastrophe, losing even the easy missions.
I have two soldiers alive, just got through the 'last stand' mission with a crew of pure rookies on basic equipment, but I've no supplies, intel, one engineer and no scientists, and I can't get more because if I send my two survivors on a mission they'll be slaughtered.

Reactions: Ite

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Nope. I just finished Detroit: Become Human, though! Solidly enjoyable beginning to end.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I think it might be it. Thanks.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I just picked it up for Xbox, but I haven’t actually tried it out yet. I’m trying to finish Halo 5 first. I’m behind in my backlog, lol.
Same here. I went a little crazy this year with buying games (for me). Haven't played Skyrim, FF12 Zodiac Age, Assassin's Creed Origins and all the games I had added to my NES, SNES and Playstation classics

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Holy crap X Com 2 is difficult, even with cheating reloading saves. (Please nobody give advice, failure is a important part of the experience.)

My soldiers aren't strong enough to win missions, which you need to get supplies and intelligence. I was busy scrambling to stay alive for a long time, which meant I left the Avatar project go because I knew attacking was hopeless without stronger soldiers. I thought I was finally starting to get a handle on it... and then archons show up.

Reactions: LNK

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Finished X Com. This is one of the greatest games I've ever encountered, and a contender for top of the list. It's so damned great, although I had to do a lot of cheating to get through. It's so high stress.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I'm playing The King of Fighters for Girls right now. I've been too busy training the characters that I have hardly put a dent in the story.

Ghost X

Just played a free demo called Blocky Dungeon on itch.io, which crosses dungeon crawling with tetris. Gotta clear 8 lines (on the first and only level available at least) to create an exit, while killing enemies and avoiding traps and making sure you're not actually on the line when it is cleared :mon:. One can find themselves trapped at times, so clearing lines and placing down other blocks can free you, etc. I had fun for the few minutes that I played it :mon:.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Set up my PS4 Pro (first ever current gen console! :O ) and booted up Dragon Age: Inquisition. I've been using the soundtrack in my D&D game for 5 years, and although I missed Dragon Age 2 I was able to plug in my choices into Dragon Age Keep. I am LOVING Inquisition so far. All of the problems I had with Origins are absent here: no constant misogyny, my character has a voice, the party members are actually interesting, I can't see the zones end-to-end, and the main threat isn't urgent/bleak enough to suck the fun out of exploring. The combat is giving me Baldur's Gate vibes in the best way -- I've turned off party AI completely and never leave tactical mode. The cutscenes are still BioWare levels of uncanny valley, but the visual detail of the combat is just gorgeous (made all-the-more gorgeous by my slow scrubbing forward in Tactical mode).

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I've been playing the PS4 release of FFIX.

I really wish there was an option to just pay a bucket load of Gil to the Chocobo Hot and Cold Moogle, for a corresponding amount of time. I enjoy the minigame but find the constant stop-start annoying

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Went back to Nioh to get the few trophies I had left--and I did get them--but now I'm stuck in the Abyss with no end in sight and I kinda dig it. This game is my jam.

Top Bottom